Water pump

rabbit

Hello, I have a 84 New Horizon and am wondering why my water pump only works  from the battery and not when I'm hooked to power. Is there yet another part I need to buy. 

22 minutes ago, rabbit said:

Hello, I have a 84 new horizon and am wondering why my water pump only works  from the battery and not when I'm hooked to power. Is there yet another part I need to buy. 

Water pumps are 12v only 

18 hours ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

Water pumps are 12v only 

OK, but is there a way to bypass the 120 just to pump from holding tank while not hooked up to an external water source.  I am planning on spending most of the winter inside and won't be able to keep a hose from freezing. I will be connected to electricity to keep all from freezing inside.

If you are plugged in the converter should supply 12 volts DC to the pump and lights (and charge the battery). Disconnect your coach battery plug in the RV and see it the lights and pump still work if not you have a issue with the converter. If you are using water in the winter what are you going to do with the waste water?

Guest wemit

How will you keep the water system from freezing in the Winter? Are you going to run a heater all Winter? How will you keep the grey and black water tanks from freezing? They are outside the motorhome.

Edited by wemit
clarity

For your holding/fresh tanks and your steps, this is 12v dc...https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fresh-Water/LaSalle-Bristol/277-000164.html

For your fresh water hose this 120v AC...https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fresh-Water/AquaFresh/W01-5315.html