Suburban vdsi 6-3 anode

This water heater is an odd little beast, I am finding it difficult to get specific information. I would like to check the Anode but where I would expect it is just a drain plug. I thought it might be where the drain plug screws in but I can't tell how to remove it. 

20190618_101006.jpg

20190618_101011.jpg

It usually is where the drain is in the side of the tank inside the door it's a mucher larger hole and was not a stock item.

• 4 years later...

I realize this is a bit of an old thread but I have kinda the same issue with the same model. The plug on mine was a plug/drain valve that was rusted to the point the valve part of it broke off but we were eventually able to unscrew it. The hole is just as bad with rust corrosion. Wondering if you were able to figure that out? Or if anyone has any info on this - is there supposed to be an anode rod in that hole (or somewhere else) and 2) does that silver-ish round part (name?) that the plug/plug hole are attached to come out or be replaced? I have a new drain valve but don't think it will screw in for a water tight fit due to corrosion. I can't find much info on these either.. Any input would be greatly appreciated

See parts list. Your drain plug is on the front near the bottom but your anode rod goes in the back.

Suburban 6 Gal, Gas/DSI Product ID #: VDSI6 Parts List | Young Farts RV Parts

I don't think one that rusted out is fixable. Maybe a metal tube with inside threads the same as your plug 

if you can JB weld it firmly enough into place. It would be a long shot though

Linda S