Hello, I recently purchased a 1982 Toyota Dolphin and have been using the toilet the past couple of weeks and took it down to empty the black water tank.

When I got there I was not able to find the dump valves, just the hole where it drains and what looks like a rubber block or something that keeps the tank sealed.

Below is a photo the the area I am referring to. Hope someone out there is able to help me figure this out before I have to take it into an RV mechanic and drain it there and install some different hardware.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AjaJWE4fB3J5zCak9

Thanks in advance!

Looks like they broke it and jammed a screw in there to keep it sealed. There should be the relief handle where the screw is that you pull outward and the system will drain. It shouldn't be that hard to repair, maybe a bit smelly 💩 

rv-wastewater-tank-valve.jpg.73e38f6ed87d007687175361b6975e68.jpg

Can you pull on the screw?? Maybe vicegrips

Make sure you have a sewer hose connected before you attempt to pull on that screw-bolt. If not stand back.

Darrel

20 minutes ago, darrel said:

Make sure you have a sewer hose connected before you attempt to pull on that screw-bolt. If not stand back.

Darrel

lol, put on your mud boots

I seem to recall the pull handle shaft being threaded for the handle, so makes sense that the gate valve end is threaded  also.  So pulling on the bolt might open the valve.  Just don't try it in the driveway! 

It is very difficult to get the horse back in once the gate is opened. The head of the bolt turns inside the gate valve so it's normal for the shaft to turn.