New electrical outlet cover?

gringostar

Hi, 

This cover (door) blew off.  Where can I get a replacement?  Can I just put a random cover on it?  (See pic)

20190610_140612.jpg

Home Dept  outdoor 110V (metal) cover and metal box but I removed and covered with metal plate from Home Depot,  before attach metal plate  apply sticky putty seal for water proof.

Is your cord inside? If so how do you reach it? Little confused usually they have a door at least large enough to get  your hand in.

I bought one of the cheap ones like are on eBay. They are junk. Very flimsy. Went to an RV place and bought a new heavy duty electrical outlet cover. Took out the cheap one and installed the better one. The little door won’t blow off now and latches securely.

5 hours ago, linda s said:

My cheap eBay one is still there and working fine 10 years later. Was identical to the original except for the 30 year old brittle part.

Linda S

What is the part called on ebay? 

It's an electrical hatch. Most of them made by Valterra and Camping World has them for the same price. Click on the link I posted. It should show all necessary info. Them look at more of them while your there. 

Linda S

On 6/12/2019 at 6:11 AM, markwilliam1 said:

I bought one of the cheap ones like are on eBay. They are junk. Very flimsy. Went to an RV place and bought a new heavy duty electrical outlet cover. Took out the cheap one and installed the better one. The little door won’t blow off now and latches securely.

Got a link for the one you bought on RV site?  

No link. The cover I bought was  little larger then original I just made the hatch hole a bit larger. It’s easily twice as thick as the one I got on eBay!