Porch Light - Bargman Lighted assist bar

Hi All, so I've found a couple threads about replacing different parts of the lighting assembly that's next to the door to the coach on our 1987 Dolphin. 

I've got a new lens cover and switch ordered because it was rusted out, but what I can't figure out is where to buy a replacement light socket that will fit into the assembly. 

Is this just a general sized light socket of some kind?? 

Any help would be much appreciated...

3 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

I think a trip down to your local parts store will get you a bulb socket. It even doesn't have to be for the same bulb as the original. Pick up a matching LED bulb while there. Some fabrication might be needed to install.

Great, thanks Derek. That's what I'll do!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, DanielM said:

Hi All, so I've found a couple threads about replacing different parts of the lighting assembly that's next to the door to the coach on our 1987 Dolphin. 

I've got a new lens cover and switch ordered because it was rusted out, but what I can't figure out is where to buy a replacement light socket that will fit into the assembly. 

Is this just a general sized light socket of some kind?? 

Any help would be much appreciated...

Can you tell me/us where you got the switch? I’m at the same point of repair! Also, did you figure out the bulb issue? Thanks!

15939318-3058-47FB-9A0A-A02611870A62.jpeg

Hi Caribemj,

Mine actually had a toggle switch rather than that pop style that you have, and I found the exact same switch as mine at Napa auto parts, and ended up just buying a small bulb socket that was for a taillight. The bulb doesn’t clip into the fixture like it originally did, but it does the job. 

I was unsuccessful are Auto Zone and advanced auto parts, but Napa had a good selection. 

I am a bit confused by your picture though, it seems that your light and switch are behind the rear plate of the fixture??

Edited by DanielM

Hey! Linda posted a link to buy a New old stock Bargman grab handle with the new lens cover! Perfect! All the Lens covers fit this. I installed mine just before I sold Grannie.