A/C throughout?

gringostar

Hello all, 

I just returned form a trip to AZ.  Drove through the Mohave Dessert.  The heat was 105 F.   The cab of the Toy is fine since there is a cab A/C but napping in the back is hell.   Is there anyway to cool the bed of the camper too?   Don't all other RVs have A/C that cools the entire A/C?  I know my mom's Monaco Dynasty ($350K) has A/C throughout?  Can't I just get some rubber hose and pipe it around the RV?  

Edited by gringostar

42 minutes ago, gringostar said:

Hello all, 

I just returned form a trip to AZ.  Drove through the Mohave Dessert.  The heat was 105 F.   The cab of the Toy is fine since there is a cab A/C but napping in the back is hell.   Is there anyway to cool the bed of the camper too?   Don't all other RVs have A/C that cools the entire A/C?  I know my mom's Monaco Dynasty ($350K) has A/C throughout?  Can't I just get some rubber hose and pipe it around the RV?  

Your cab ac will never cool the coach. Most RVs have the second coach AC unit that requires 120v (generator or shore power). 

In the dry heat of the desert a swamp cooler will cool that deadly 105 down to about 85. There are plenty of them that run on 12 volts and a roof mounted one the Turbokool, that is pretty pricey

https://www.ebay.com/i/163084838401?chn=ps

I do a jury rigged one using my roof vent fan to move the air. Not cool but way better than nothing. Only works in low humidity though like Arizona or in my case central California.

Linda S

Just curious if any of you guys know what the interior cubic foot area of a sunrader 18 footer would be.

Tecnologies have come a long way there are some effiecient 12 volt systems out there for the marine industry some require a water source for the water pump not sure if could be adapted for rv use or not but if you had a adapted water return and intake seperate water source system.

Weight on some around 26 pounds power draw 400 watts can be ran through a 700 watt pure sin wave inverter. Unit dimensions 15" W x8"Dx 9.5" H .

4200 btu for cooling capacity 300 cu foot space Average 35amp total low amp drawCan be used overnight on batteries through 700 watt inverterVersatile powerful and quiet.

This one is a small model and most efficient for 12volt battery draw.

There are larger units but draw more power.

Price though not cheap 

1,375 to 1,998 cool only 1,525 to 2148 reverse cycle.

Well here is the problem first the demand on the AC unit will be max so the current use will be max. The system uses water to cool the condenser so as it does the water in the RV water tank gets hotter constantly lowering the efficiency to the point it becomes pretty much unusable. The boat system use sea water to cool the condenser it's temp is in quite cool and plentiful. It is pretty much like a household system you might find in the south they use two wells one to cool the other to dump hot water in so the water temp remains low while cooling the condenser. Even the small AC systems in a toy home are in the 7,000 btu range the bigger ones up into the 13,000 range I can tell you a 7000 btu one is marginal my Nova Star had one driven by an onboard generator it was better than sitting in the hot sun but barely.

Thank you for all of the information guys. I am still learning about

Toyota RVs I really appreciate all of your help and information.