Shower not draining

Hello!

My 1992 Dolphin shower is not draining. In fact when I run the sink in the kitchen the water goes up into the shower tray area, but won't drain away.

I put draino in the kitchen sink, for 15 minutes, then flushed it, and all the water seemed to just bbubble up in the shower.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

5 minutes ago, BBC3 said:

Hello!

My 1992 Dolphin shower is not draining. In fact when I run the sink in the kitchen the water goes up into the shower tray area, but won't drain away.

I put draino in the kitchen sink, for 15 minutes, then flushed it, and all the water seemed to just bbubble up in the shower.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

Sounds like a classic clog. Maybe drain is blocked after shower plumbing. You could try putting a wet/dry shop vac on drain port of grey water tank  

14 minutes ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

Sounds like a classic clog. Maybe drain is blocked after shower plumbing. You could try putting a wet/dry shop vac on drain port of grey water tank  

Thanks. I don't have one. I wonder if it is worth renting one? Is that the best way to do it?

Are your tanks full?  The Kitchen sink dumps into the gray tank.

Darrel

16 minutes ago, darrel said:

Are your tanks full?  The Kitchen sink dumps into the gray tank.

Darrel

Thanks, I don't know....The indicator light says half full grey tank, but.....I just heard that these light indicators are not so reliable, and so perhaps it is full. We've hardly used it so hard to see why it would suddenly be blocked.....I'm gonna dump the tanks tomorrow. and see if that is it.....I will report back just fyi. Thanks!

The shower drains directly into the gray tank the rest have vertical piping above the water line sure sounds like a full gray tank.

7 minutes ago, Maineah said:

The shower drains directly into the gray tank the rest have vertical piping above the water line sure sounds like a full gray tank.

Thanks. As far as I'm concerned this is the best possible solution. I'll be dumping tomorrow and report back!

The tanks in a Toyota RV are small. Like 12-13 gallons ea for black and gray, with 25-30 gallons of fresh. Water management is a must.

If you're in an RV park don't hook up the drain hose and open the valves. Major bad JuJu. The black tank will develop the dreaded black mountain. Leave the hose hooked up but drain the tanks every 2-3 days. Drain the black tank first.

After draining the tanks get a couple of gallon jugs and fill up your tanks so you can see how big they really are and see if the gauges work correctly

IF you can measure your tanks use math instead of the gallon jugs, there are 231 cubic inches in a gallon. 

Didn't realize National did things that different. IIRC my Escaper was 11-gal Black, 12-gal gray and 22 fresh. A friends Winne was 12/12 and less than 20 so they would carry an extra 5 gallons of fresh. I guess with the Dolphins you could carry 20 gallons of "spare water". Still, have to manage water carefully, for anything longer than an overnighter.

My current Winne is a lot easier for an extended stay with 40/54 waste and 84-gal fresh. Of course, the downside of such prodigious capacities is the 75-gallon fuel tank. Filling that up is a lot more painful than filling the 84-gal freshwater tank. 😢

My Escaper was a rear bed, side wet bath setup. The tanks were very low and would scrape if you were not careful. Maybe some P/O had to replace the tanks at some time. I know the waste tanks were way less than the 15 gallons in the brochure.  The 25 gallon fresh could be a possibility.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:32 PM, BBC3 said:

Thanks. As far as I'm concerned this is the best possible solution. I'll be dumping tomorrow and report back!

Tank was full, emptied it. Problem solved......thanks!!

On 6/9/2019 at 8:05 PM, Derek up North said:

From the 1991 Dolphin brochure:-

image.png.b8f46fc908a64ce46993ba4e34183315.png

image.png.f450a07f2d158d8e97825c9f39d4a549.png

Thanks. Tank was full.....:)

I would have assumed that would have been the first thing you checked before coming here for advice! 

32 minutes ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

I would have assumed that would have been the first thing you checked before coming here for advice! 

Where's that moderator? - we need a yellow card here 🤣