V6 3l will not start with ignition key on.

Cedric lauzon

So, today she would not fire nor crank after turning the key......new battery is in ,all lights and fans etc run when ignition is half way on . I hear one clicking sound each time and now no clicking no more .

What does that mean ?

Please help ! I am stuck with my mother in law !!!!!

If your battery is fully charged and your terminals and connections are all good and you no longer hear a click from under the hood when turning the key it would usually imply a starter or relay. You could try laying under the truck and having someone turn the key to start it and give the starter a light tapping with a hammer and if the starter is stuck this sometimes breaks it loose. It's not a fix but it will get it started and also tells you the source of the problem. 

Sooo , I was taping on the starter motor whilst my wife was on ingnition in 5 sec implements ::::nothing happened . Though the one click sound was here after turning the key and it felt that electricity was getting to the device :

a lot of oil from transmission cleaned off on the starter don’t know if this would change anything:the little wire that comes off  the starter is still full of oil looks dangly and weak here is a photo .

could this be the problem .?

thanks for your help

image.jpg

Ok ; figured something out .....not the starte rmotor nor the wiring ::::it simply will not start In park mode but will start in neutral …all gears work .

so why will it not fire in park mode .?

Your transmission has 2 safety start switches. Neutral and Park. Looks like the park switch has gone south.

Well now you can at least get MIL home 😃

Thanks guys ; so I did the wiggling and guess what … I heard so kind of noise and the  green park light went on on dash board and the car started immediately.

MIL is now home and we are both super relieved …!

after some more research people suggest to take the neutral switch thingy on the tranny and clean it up with brake fluid :

Has anyone done that ?