Toyota Dolphin Dometic Refrigerator Help

Hi, I'm new here but I'll be here a lot!!

We have a new (to us) 1987 Dolphin and I can't get the pilot light to, well, light. It runs on electric but trying to get it to run on propane. 

Does anyone have info on the dometic model number or all the appliance info for a dolphin? Or know where to find it?

I've got the pdf manual for the dolphin, but I can't read the model number for the fridge (it's blurry). 

Thanks in advance!

-Daniel

General cause is air in the propane lines try lighting your stove and let it burn for awhile. Sometimes the pilot assembly carbons up there is a small cover over the burner assembly  remove it. and see if there is any there thing on the burner assemble. You can leave the cover off during a test try it again then go outside and have a look it's not real easy to see the flame in bright light inside. I'll assume you are holding in the lighter button then pushing the igniter yes? 

Edited by Maineah

1 hour ago, Maineah said:

General cause is air in the propane lines try lighting your stove and let it burn for awhile. Sometimes the pilot assembly carbons up there is a small cover over the burner assembly  remove it. and see if there is any there thing on the burner assemble. You can leave the cover off during a test try it again then go outside and have a look it's not real easy to see the flame in bright light inside. I'll assume you are holding in the lighter button then pushing the igniter yes? 

Ok that's great advice. Yes that's correct, I'm following the recommended info of pressing the lighter button, pressing the ignitor repeatedly, and holding the lighter for 10 seconds. I can see the pilot trying to light, and it will stay lit for a few seconds and then it goes out. I'll take the cover off the burner assembly and see if I can figure it out, I also found the manual for my model of refrigerator. 

Thanks for your advice

If it goes right out it sounds like there is still air in the lines push and hold the button for a good while then try the ignitor. It's a tiny flame so it won't blow the side out of your camper!

Another possibility is either a faulty or badly positioned thermocouple.  You may need a helper for this, but try holding the button down for a much longer time, say 30 to 45 seconds. This will not damage anything.  If it stays lit for as long as you hold the button down, then goes out immediately upon releasing the button, then air is not the problem.  

The thermocouple has a metal tip which is either right next to the flame or even very slightly in the flame.  This tip should glow red for a couple millimeters from the end.  If it is not red or only a tiny bit of dull red,  let things cool, then push the tip slightly closer to where the flame will be,  maybe a millimeter should do it.  Try again until you get the tip to glow red.  That worked on the fridge in my first Toyota.

If that tip glows nicely red but the flame still goes out when you release the button,  you probably need to replace the thermocouple.