Hey Everyone-

I wasn’t sure where to best ask this question so I’m putting it here. I recently noticed that the siding on the drivers side of my 1987 Escaper is starting to separate a little at the seam. It’s not a major issue, but wanted to check with the experts to see if there’s a best practice before fixing it.

I’m undecided between a few short screws to hold it in place or a few spots of adhesive and that’s what brings me here. It is dry underneath there and I intend to take wait as long as the sunny weather will allow before sealing it back up. 

Thanks everyone. Have a great weekend. 

-Matt

D74D4C5A-3954-4FE5-BBF9-841D1ED85D51.jpeg

E26C87F8-797A-4DB7-BD97-F27BA4EC379A.jpeg

760F0BF4-FD3E-405B-A733-E18A5AB45A6C.jpeg

On my Escaper I had the same thing happen. I used exterior grade poly glue. Took a couple of cargo straps around the RV and a 2x4. Strapped it flat and let it set up for 2 days then did the other side.

Thanks a bunch. That's what I'll do.

Right after this bathroom ceiling project that grew from "this ceiling wallpaper doesn't look good" to "I guess it's not too much trouble to replace all of the wood and insulation in the ceiling if I'm working here anyways."

• 1 year later...

Hi WME, just saw your cargo strap solution...I have delamination around the top sides and rear. What size cargo straps did you use, I have proflex to seal with . I’ve been grappling with sealing exterior via vises, not to many options. I would prefer tackling wood rot from the interior. The cargo straps sound doable with a little more of your insight. Thanking you in advance.

Any ratcheting cargo strap will work. If the one you have is to short then use some rope to make it the right length. Taking two 2x4 and screwing them into a T shape makes them stiffer and gives the strap more leverage. It doesn't take a bunch of pressure to push the delam back in to the right shape

• 1 month later...