Coach water pump

hi all, 

Hope all of you are having a good Friday night. Wife and I just finished all you can eat sushi (Bomb) 

So 2 trips ago my water pump was leaking out the top half of the housing. I pulled it out and the bolts were way loose that hold the top half together . I used a little, and I mean a little water pump gasket maker  to seal the top half up and retightened the bolts with a little Loctite.

last weekend I take it out and the rig and my water pump was leaking again, but now at the pressure out side at the threaded  fitting that screws into the water pump. I used Teflon tape on it too and it drips. can I cut the pvc pipe and push on a slip fitting with a clamp or do I use more tape or maybe putty and ideas would be nice

thank you

Sounds like time for a new pump! Especially if it’s original?

Edited by markwilliam1
More info

The plumbing fittings are bull nose so is it leaking at the fitting or the pipe? The Bull nose should not leak unless something is cracked the threads do not seal it they only push the bull nose into the pump. Because there is always some air in the system there is pressure on all the fittings this is why the pump turns off if it's cycling there is a leak.

20190429_124917.jpg

Its leaking at the threaded fitting 

20190429_124923.jpg

I agree with linda it does not look straight but again the seal is the tapered end inside the fitting the nut does not seal it however if it's cross threaded it will leak because the fitting is crooked. 

I think it was off a thread possibly.

when I pulled the fitting off  I could also see the seal inside the fitting was all mangled. I cut the end off, but now how to hook it back up?

I don't have a pex crimp tool and really don't want to spend the 50 to 60 bucks for a single use. can I use like PVC fitting to make this work?

or any other ideas possibly?

Edited by 86Dolphino

2 hours ago, 86Dolphino said:

I think it was off a thread possibly.

when I pulled the fitting off  I could also see the seal inside the fitting was all mangled. I cut the end off, but now how to hook it back up?

I don't have a pex crimp tool and really don't want to spend the 50 to 60 bucks for a single use. can I use like PVC fitting to make this work?

or any other ideas possibly?

Try a “shark bite” fitting. Sold at HD and Lowe’s. Not sure what you’re doing, but easier than buying a pex setup. 

Yes I'm going to. I've been watching some videos and seen the shark bite fittings. 

The fittings are 1/2 standard plumbing fittings, a shark bit fitting works very well but the only thing it will do is be a splice if the fitting is messed up you can buy sink plumbing tubes usually in some thing like 18" and just cut it to size then use a shark bite to join it to the gray stuff.