Water damage and repair

prodrumernate

anyone point me in the direction to some videos/photos and post for redoing interior walls from water damage as well as how to inspect the ceiling and elsewhere for water damage?i dont want to tear into it not having some idea on how things are together as my wife and i will redo everything on ours.especially the back window where it has water damage and the bed above the cockpit.

oh does anyone know if the cabin ac only runs on an outside power source or is it suppose to run off the alternator power?everything else works except cabin ac running off the trucks power it seems.havent tested fridge yet.i feel i have more questions but forgot them.oh and possibly owners manual online somewhere?been doing research but havent came across anything yet.

1989 leisure odyssey mesa/ponderosa

thank you everyone :D

You might be able to pull the interior window surrounds and be able to see between Paneling, maybe same with roof vents.  But unfortunately only way to know for sure is to tear Paneling out, or remove corner molding and try to peek behind siding.  Common leak spots are roof vents, front windows over cab, and top front corners over cab.

3 hours ago, moalaska said:

You might be able to pull the interior window surrounds and be able to see between Paneling, maybe same with roof vents.  But unfortunately only way to know for sure is to tear Paneling out, or remove corner molding and try to peek behind siding.  Common leak spots are roof vents, front windows over cab, and top front corners over cab.

it does seem the only leaks i have are on the back wall on the window and across the top about 6 inches out from the wall as well as over the front windows over the cab..wanted to make sure it wouldnt be difficult to tear apart as its on a public street and nowhere to park it on private property at this time.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:46 PM, prodrumernate said:

it does seem the only leaks i have are on the back wall on the window and across the top about 6 inches out from the wall as well as over the front windows over the cab..wanted to make sure it wouldnt be difficult to tear apart as its on a public street and nowhere to park it on private property at this time.

Man your in for a Treat! Good Luck....gunna need it!

• 1 month later...

im sorry this happened :(

Im looking at mine closely found mushrooms near door by cabinets but otherwise i knocked all over the rv and it sounds solid

can anybody link me to some water proofing posts / threads/ etc. thank you.

I find RV building is pretty much generic with little difference between brands.  So any video you watch will help.  Toyota specific is always nice but not critical.