I'm looking to trade an 18' 84 Sunrader with 2L diesel engine

ACGreen

Any interest in a 18' 1984 sunrader with a 1986 2L diesel engine (4 cyl Toyota). Looking to trade rather than sell... Details on that in the bottom of this post. Engine is a Toyota 2L, 2.4L 4 cyl diesel. 5 speed manual, 135,000 miles, upgraded 6 lug rear, stock interior and appliances, New commercial grade high load tires, fridge only works on propane (never messed with it), oven not functioning (missing the dial and all the guts attached to it. Stove works), max air fan,  Led interior lights. Toilet and black box removed but can reinstall. Work I did: belts, starter, timing belt, water pump, clutch, clutch master + slave cylinder, glow plugs, batteries, new seals on injector pump. Even more work done on the conversion, look at comments below. Can run biodiesel and maybe veggie oil. (not recommended... switching back and forth to regular diesel can destroy injector seals and clog lines, filters, and pumps...) I've gotten 28mpg on this sucker before, believe it or not. I average about 23. Not much of a noticeable power difference than a 22R. I've driven it all over the rockies and the west coast. 15k miles on it in 3 years without a major hiccup. Looking to trade for a mirage (I could add cash for the right deal) . Also would trade for a sunrader shorty, Chinook Newport, bandit, sandtana, or other fiberglass Toyota + cash(?) (doesnt have to be cash for the right rig), also taking $$ offers. Located in Oregon just south of Portland. Might be interested in trading the engine + tranny for rebuilt or low miles 22RE + tranny if you did the removal and Installation. Let's talk

Included the original eBay post from the guy who converted it. Has some more pics, inside and out, and a description. I DID NOT buy it from this listing. I bought it off a guy in Berkeley in July 2015. Lots more done to the rig then i even knew... original ebay post from guy who converted it

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4219.JPG

s-l1600 (1).jpg

IMG_1171.JPG

• 1 month later...

Hi is your diesel sunrader still available?

The guy who swapped had the right idea but a better diesel choice is the Toyota 3.0 liter turbo diesel. They have a lot more power much like a gas v8 in the toyota pickup and 4 runner aplications.

What is the price you are asking if you sale yours?

Does your sunrader model have the rear dinette?

I have just started looking but the sunrader camper look and fiberglass features are most appealing. I have spent alot of years with fiberglass sailboats so i have learned to work with fiberglass.  Its only me so a 18 foot is the model i am looking for.