Roof AC problem

When I started my Coleman AC, I could hear the fan kick on, but the compressor would not start.  (Last year after several attempts to start the AC, the compressor finally kicked in, and I never had any other issues for the entire year).  However, so far this year, not so much luck.  When I first started the AC this year, the fan was on and running, but not the compressor, so I went to the roof and removed the shroud and gently gave it a "Fred Sanford" bump.  The compressor started, but stopped running a little later and would not restart at all.

I purchased and replaced all three of the capacitors (Start / Run / Fan), but this did not solve the problem.  During the testing of the AC / compressor after installing the new capacitors, the Run capacitor made contact with the metal housing for a moment ( I guess shorting/grounding it).  However, when this happened, the compressor started running - but only while the short was occurring.  There was no damage visible to the capacitor, but I replaced it with another Run capacitor (as I had purchase 2 sets just in case).  The compressor will still not start.  I have check continuity from the relay to the capacitors to the compressor and all show continuity.

While I originally thought the compressor may have been "locked up",  I am now assuming that the problem may be electrical in nature, but it does not seem possible that a "short" would cause the compressor to start.  Has this happened to anyone?  Any ideas on where to further investigate for the cause?  Thanks.

You could see what type of amperage the compressor is attempting to pull at start up to see if it's truly locked. With residential work there are "hard start" capacitors for this situation, they give an extra bump of power on start up.