Need help with fitting Bargman LED units

Machiel

Hello  fellow members,

I have purchased two Bargman 48-84-009 rear light units, but I’m having difficulty connecting them.

In the old setup, the outer light was for tail + stop light, the middle for signaling and the inner light for reversing.

I think the new units have both outer and middle LED’s illuminating simultaneously for tail, signal and stop, is that correct?

Problem we are facing is the side marker light, which seems to work like tail+stop light where is should only remain as tail/running light.

What are we doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Machiel

The Netherlands

thank you Derek, but it is not the same. I bought the units on Amazon.com

I also looked on the bargman site and the 48-84-009 type is listed there. (a bit further tonthe bottom of the page)

Edited by Machiel

I don't know how I missed it 1st time around!  Odd they don't supply a picture (like I posted) or diagram showing how to wire them up.

http://www.bargman.com/products/taillights/taillight-led/led-recessed-taillights-84-85-series/lt69J2z68b9Cp!n8AzeNxNu2!13kgg0vOUuy0ekqndk=

Could you post a picture of the back of yours. Are there 2 wire going to 2 of the lights or just 2 to the outer light? Also perhaps a picture of the wires on your old lights.

I assume this is what you've got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9RCvZkoN9Q

I'll further assume that the 2 black wires will both connect to your old 'tail light' wire. One of the green wires will connect to your old 'brake light' wire, the other green wire to your 'turn indicator light' wire. The remaining black wire to your old 'reversing light' wire. Of course the white wire(s) are your ground.

It looks like you might need a multimeter to figure out which wire is which. Winnebago wiring diagram Pdf attached.

Bargman 47-84-009 wiring.jpg

Auto Lamps 085259.pdf

Hi Derek, thank you very much for your help. It is strange indeed that they don’t supply a wiring diagram. I will get back to you. We did use a multimeter to figure is out, but when connecting the side marker light to the taillight,  things went wrong, so that might be the culprit?

Edited by Machiel