Need some help

ports

I purchased a 1994 Winnebago Micro Warrior last April from an older couple in Florida.  It's in great condition but I'd like to update some things and would like to know where I can get some of the things I want to update.  I started to replace some of the side markers and those on the front and back.  What I found when replacing was the original unit has the wires offset where the new unit has them out the middle.  I did install a few that were bad but it involved having to cut the offset hole so the new unit would fit.  I don't want to do this unless there isn't any choice.  Does anyone know of a new unit where the wire coming out is offset. 9 Would like to replace with Led"s)  Next I would like to replace the original taillight triple w/off white base.  As you probably know, the off white base is thicker at the bottom and thinner at the top. I was looking at a Bargman # 47-84-005 but it appears the base is flat.  I was wondering if that would work or if someone has a suggestion as to a suitable replacement.  The originals work but I just wanted to update.  Along the same line, I thought I read on this site that if you replace with LED's, you need to add something else.  Something about the brightness when brake or turn signal is on.  Something about a new flasher.  If anyone knows if that is true what do I need and where can I get it?  Each side has two smaller flat mirrors.  I would like to replace them but keep the original framework the mirrors attach to.  The company of the originals is Velvac but I can't find the original replacement there.  Does anyone have any suggestions what I might replace the original with.  For now, I'm looking for AC filters for the original Coleman air conditioner.  The size listed for replacement is 6in x 14.75in x .5in.  Can I get these or will I have to order another size available and cut to proper size.  Thank you for your help and expertise on these great little motorhomes. Ports

You have to be very careful trying to update older motorhomes. Many items are no longer made and there is no exact replacement. Those slanted tail light bases are available no where. People protect them like gold. Many have managed to fix them when broken. I don't have a Winnebago but maybe someone has found lights and other stuff you need. Sure they will post when they see this. 

Don't now why your rear view mirrors are different size. Pics show same size mirrors, one should be flat and one convex. Here's the flat mirror that should fit

https://www.amazon.com/Velvac-704093-Mirror/dp/B004A34AQI/ref=pd_bxgy_263_3/147-3782690-6275164?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004A34AQI&pd_rd_r=600facf6-5b1d-11e9-a328-111adf3de4ca&pd_rd_w=zO62e&pd_rd_wg=w3I4M&pf_rd_p=a2006322-0bc0-4db9-a08e-d168c18ce6f0&pf_rd_r=5XY2RESBEHPGM1J22G8C&psc=1&refRID=5XY2RESBEHPGM1J22G8C

Linda S

Replacing/upgrading the side markers and rear indicators is something that many of us have had to deal with, but it is often a DIY procedure and not a simple buy and replace process.  When I installed new side markers I ran into an issue similar to the one you describe.  I ended up doing a lot of soldering up on a ladder.  I kept the same hole and modified my markers to allow the wire to snake though the housing so I didn't have to cut a new hole in the camper.  Kind of tedious work.  Maybe someone has a link to the perfect and compatible replacement side marker, but this is what I used:

I bought these markers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5WFEE5/

And these for the lower rear corner: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VT6V6N4/

The one thing i was unsure about in this whole process was how to properly seal the lights so that water doesn't get past the light and to the inside.  Perhaps someone can comment on the 'best' way to keep water out when doing this kind of light replacement task.  I'm guessing it is to use a good marine grade silicone sealant on the hole where the wire comes through the wall and that's it.  The light itself should have no sealant or silicone around it.  They have drains to let water out.  Initially I started putting silicone around the light to seal it "better" but this doesn't work very well in the long run.  I've been removing that silicone now when I do exterior maintenance and going with this "only seal the wire" approach using.  Anyone have a better method?

Replacing the taillights with LED has two key issues:  1) the available LED replacement lights don't fit the same mounting space and 2) you have to do a modification to your flasher to stop them from flashing really fast after you upgrade to LED.

For issue 1) I bought a piece of 1/4" ABS plastic and cut a custom bezel to mount my taillights.  Looks ok, not fabulous, but works great.  Your application may require something different.

For issue 2) above on the hyper flashing LED's, I posted this write up:

1 hour ago, linda s said:

You have to be very careful trying to update older motorhomes. Many items are no longer made and there is no exact replacement. Those slanted tail light bases are available no where. People protect them like gold. Many have managed to fix them when broken. I don't have a Winnebago but maybe someone has found lights and other stuff you need. Sure they will post when they see this. 

Don't now why your rear view mirrors are different size. Pics show same size mirrors, one should be flat and one convex. Here's the flat mirror that should fit

https://www.amazon.com/Velvac-704093-Mirror/dp/B004A34AQI/ref=pd_bxgy_263_3/147-3782690-6275164?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004A34AQI&pd_rd_r=600facf6-5b1d-11e9-a328-111adf3de4ca&pd_rd_w=zO62e&pd_rd_wg=w3I4M&pf_rd_p=a2006322-0bc0-4db9-a08e-d168c18ce6f0&pf_rd_r=5XY2RESBEHPGM1J22G8C&psc=1&refRID=5XY2RESBEHPGM1J22G8C

Linda S

Oh boy, I think I threw my bases away! Didn't plan on reusing them but someone probably could have!  

On 4/9/2019 at 7:18 PM, linda s said:

Linda S

Linda S.  Thank you for your reply.  I think I just figured out that the taillight unit screws onto the base.  I originally thought that the base and light were one unit.  I think I found a Bargman replace that should fit.  Was thinking about led but it seems from comments on this forum you must modify somethings that I don't want to fool with so I,ll go with incandescent.  The mirrors are the same size and it looks like the ones you gave me will work.  Thanks for your help. I'm just learning.