We had put new tires on it and wanted to drive to Sacramento to register the camper but the engine stalled underway, couldn't get fuel. This happened a few miles after we got gas (from running almost empty). When I take the fuel line off of the carb, and let my wife turn on the key and kick the gas pedal, there's lots of fuel coming out of the hose, so I think my fuel pump and filter are okay. Today I took the carburetor off, and cleaned it with Gunout. Now I'm stuck with a tiny little spring that I don't know where it belongs...(and the exploded views in the Chilton manual are too small to discover it) but I do hope that when I'm going back to the Middle of Nowhere, where the camper is, I'll get it up and running again. Have no clue as to look for any further. 

Something else: we'd called AAA for a tow, kept us waiting for a truck that only came 23 hour after the first call and didn't want to tow us because he was afraid 'the camper would be dangerous on the road'. He offered a commercial tow service, which would be $750 for a 30 mile tow. I have no idea why I pay extra for this 'tow service'. We should collectively ask AAA what is going on with towing old Toyota motorhomes, or we'll loose our towing 'rights'. 

It starts to feel this Travette is a money hole... 😞

Money pit, well  yes.    

On the other hand no matter how much money I spend on my Toy it will be far less than the first 2 year depreciation on a new one.  Plus the depreciation is money down the toilet where I will recoup some of my money from the Toy when selling.

So you say with a new one I will not be repairing it all the time,   just for giggles go to an RV dealer and hang around the waiting room for a couple hours and listen to those people yyyy.

Many RV'er hype AAA,   I would not use them or Good Sam for free.     Coach net is the premier towing service, in my not so humble opinion.

Carbs are old tech they don't usually catastrophically fail they cause stalling, poor mileage etc, but seldom unless fuel is pouring out of them cause a vehicle to stop running. As far as towing I have seen toy homes on roll backs they aren't any more difficult to tow that a 250 pickup. I kind of agree AAA is not the bargain they advertise but even a 1 ton tow truck should have no issue with a Toyota.