Surfboard Rack For Roof?

Morning guys...

In anticipation of my 1990 Odyssey, I've been piecing my ideas together.  Question please.  What is the best way to get a surfboard up on the rig.  Not seeing a whole lot on the way of roof racks.  I know I could fashion something inside, but would prefer to put on the roof.  Any advice would be awesome and appreciated.

v/r

David

Or plan C. Think vertical. Easier to unload and easier on your motorhome. A few here have made kayak racks. Easy to translate that to a surfboard. Expensive buy option

https://www.glrv.com/parts-accessories/vertiyak-kayak-rack/

DIY option

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?/topic/7144-installed-vertical-kayakbike-rack-on-sunrader/&tab=comments#comment-58049

Should be pretty simple to revamp for surf boards

Linda S

Here is my plan C.

0815181101.jpg

0815181119a.jpg

9 hours ago, davidstephchap said:

Morning guys...

In anticipation of my 1990 Odyssey, I've been piecing my ideas together.  Question please.  What is the best way to get a surfboard up on the rig.  Not seeing a whole lot on the way of roof racks.  I know I could fashion something inside, but would prefer to put on the roof.  Any advice would be awesome and appreciated.

v/r

David

Ask the instagram handle @home.on.wheels - they're super nice.

Wow that looks perfect. I made an outboard motor mount for the rear of my Sunrader. I used the foam float tubes that kids use in the pool for padding. Slice through to the middle, cut to size and clear Gorilla tape to hold in place. Lasts a couple of years if I don't leave it sitting in the sun. Buy the cheap dollar store ones too so it costs me a whole buck

Linda S

i usually got to home depot and get the wrap tubing for water lines.  what we used in cali for all our trucks.  cheap surf protection.  yeah, this may work Linda.  It's only $113 with a coupon code.  it looked similar to the ones you had with your motor and the other gentleman that made his kayak rack.

i can stabilize the upper section of my surfboard by strapping to the ladder I think.

On my homemade plan C, I bought a bunch of swimming pool noodles at season close out. I'll use them eventually somewhere.

The hitch mount carrier looks like the 2x2 vertical is bolted in. Just get a longer 2x2 drill it, paint it and bolt it in.