Tail Light Trouble

Ctgriffi

Troubleshooting some intermittent bulb issues on the original old, triple-lens tail lights on the Warrior (Bargman 30-84-013). Photo attached is not my rig, but has same tail lights.

Sockets don't make great contact anymore and while I was working on that problem, I noticed that the Bargman units are not symmetrical in terms of their socket types. What I mean by that is, driver's side sockets are double filament || single filament || single filament BUT the passenger's side sockets are single filament || double filament || double filament

It seems like the passenger side center light (amber turn signal) should be a single filament socket like the driver's side... but it is definitely not.

Anybody have any insight on this? I sleep better when things make sense. :)

91-warrior-tallights.jpg

Are you saying that the double's actually have two contactors? Outside pair should be double (running/brake), the middle should be single (turn), and the inside I believe is just single for reverse. Someone may have modified yours for some reason. Maybe time to replace with the LED version https://trailerparts.com/products/trailer-lights/trailer-tail-lights/bargman-47-84-005-taillight.html

Remove the bulb and see how many pins are there I have seen people many times force bulbs into the wrong socket. They are symmetric they will fit either side.

41 minutes ago, Maineah said:

Remove the bulb and see how many pins are there I have seen people many times force bulbs into the wrong socket. They are symmetric they will fit either side.

1 hour ago, Gulfstream Greg said:

Are you saying that the double's actually have two contactors? Outside pair should be double (running/brake), the middle should be single (turn), and the inside I believe is just single for reverse. Someone may have modified yours for some reason. Maybe time to replace with the LED version https://trailerparts.com/products/trailer-lights/trailer-tail-lights/bargman-47-84-005-taillight.html

That is what I am saying, yes. Two  pins in the socket for double filament and one pin for single filament bulbs. The driver side and passenger side units should be mirror images but are not. Everything looks stock and untampered.

13 hours ago, Ctgriffi said:

That is what I am saying, yes. Two  pins in the socket for double filament and one pin for single filament bulbs. The driver side and passenger side units should be mirror images but are not. Everything looks stock and untampered.

Pretty strange wonder if they are replacements? Do they have a drain hole anywhere? If they do it's possible they were not the same right and left.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 9:08 AM, Maineah said:

Pretty strange wonder if they are replacements? Do they have a drain hole anywhere? If they do it's possible they were not the same right and left.

I didn't see a drain hole anywhere on either unit, while I had the lenses off. What would that indicate exactly?

So, I also reached out to Bargman tech support, and here's what I got...

"Thank you for contacting Tech Support. You are correct, the lights should mirror each other. Starting from the outside, you should have 2 (TWO)-double contact sockets, with a single contact socket, to the inside. The passenger’s side is correct, the driver’s side is not. If I can be anymore help, please let me know."

^ That response was plenty confusing because, while it confirmed that each fixture should mirror the other, he's saying that the passenger side is correct, not the driver's. I thought it was the other way around. :(

On 3/21/2019 at 4:52 PM, Ctgriffi said:

Troubleshooting some intermittent bulb issues on the original old, triple-lens tail lights on the Warrior (Bargman 30-84-013). Photo attached is not my rig, but has same tail lights.

Sockets don't make great contact anymore and while I was working on that problem, I noticed that the Bargman units are not symmetrical in terms of their socket types. What I mean by that is, driver's side sockets are double filament || single filament || single filament BUT the passenger's side sockets are single filament || double filament || double filament

It seems like the passenger side center light (amber turn signal) should be a single filament socket like the driver's side... but it is definitely not.

Sorry, I won't be able to help you sleep better. It only makes sense to be that the center (amber) lights have a single filament. That's the only thing I see on Bargmans current offerings.

Bargman 30-84-104.jpg

Bargman LED 47-84-005.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hmm that is helpful as my backup lights don't work I just found out. I don't usually back up at all if I can help but the other night I had too and I was told no back up lights. I will use this to see what the hell is going back there.

thx

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, Ctgriffi said:

91-warrior-tallights.jpg

There is Rear light bulb socket repair kit with below mentioned Auto part store

My rear light bulb didn’t work so I repaired with repair kit

Bargman Rear light bulb socket repair kit. Scoll down for L.E.D light

https://motorhomemodification-usa.blogspot.com/search?q=backup+light

And couple month later I replaced with L.E.D turn signal and backup light

I kept stop light due to if I replace with L.E. D stop light my cruise control stop working

J 1990 Toyota/Winnebago rear bath V6