So right now I'm a long-haul trucker. I live in the state of Missouri and my rig (Damon escaper 1984 22R carbureted).I need to do a lot of upgrades but I do not have a shop. I need to even do an engine swap or upgrade the motor .a lot of suspension work. And some upgrades to the interior (none of the water works right ,I don't know if the propane system works, and fixing replacing some water damage)I would love to do all the upgrades myself but at the current moment I cannot. Anybody recommend a shops that I can take it to within a few states.

26850835_1692741120747154_8362164826844708227_o_1692741120747154.jpg

On 2/27/2019 at 7:42 PM, linda s said:

For the cost of a shop to do all those repairs you can buy one in perfect condition. Why do you think it needs a new engine. 

Linda S

Honestly im hooked to this one. ive done a cross country trip in rigby (RV)and i want to keep him around ( i dont like just replacing things ) . I want to upgrade the motor cause 35 up hill , over heating is a problem . He did just fine everywhere else . And i mean i can buy another one but want to customize it for my needs . I dont need the rest room and shower,im 6'1" and dont fit anyway . And i got this thing for cheap and its what i do buy cheap and build up . 

The transplant of any other engine most likely will involve a different trans plus a lot of fabrication soon you will have more money in than it's value. It looks to be in good shape sell it and buy a small US built class C motor home with a V8  some are the same length of the toy home. If you start hacking on it it's value will nose dive. If you bought it cheap then you should be able to get enough for a nice bigger MH with money to spare.

11 minutes ago, Maineah said:

The transplant of any other engine most likely will involve a different trans plus a lot of fabrication soon you will have more money in than it's value. It looks to be in good shape sell it and buy a small US built class C motor home with a V8  some are the same length of the toy home. If you start hacking on it it's value will nose dive. If you bought it cheap then you should be able to get enough for a nice bigger MH with money to spare.

It's a part of my life now and value is boring . I mean i bought a 300 dollar car and put 2200 bucks in to it . Idk i just want something for me not a cookie cutter rv that has so much shit im never going to use. I'd rather have something built that i would love to drive, not something i have to learn to live with.

these rigs are like anything else you have a passion for....boats, cars, motorcycles, etc. you can  throw as much money at it as you want, it will all stick. if you have a budget that allows it, have at it and enjoy. good luck. joe from dover.

Before throwing a lot cash into the engine, I’d check your rear axle. It appears to be a 5 lug (foolie). They’re unsafe for travel. 

Fred  has a good point there not only is it's inability to support the weight it probably is a bit short on power handling too.