Water Tank Question to Ponder

whittlesey001

Has anyone put a 30 gallon water tank in their Sunrader? If so where did you put it? There is alot of room under the rear dinette, but that puts 240 pounds behind the axles in the rear of the vehicle. Would this bother anyone? 240 pounds is not much in a normal 1 ton truck, but these campers already have alot going on. Was just looking for opinions. Thanks!

Increasing the water supply might cause problems cause you don't have the grey and back tank storage to accommodate it. If you have a rear dinette your shower goes into the black tank too. Overflowing that means poopy on your feet. What do you need all this water for. 

Linda S

I am Eliminating the shower, and Bathroom, so there wont be a Black water tank, but I didnt even think about over flowing the Grey water tank!! I Come from a Expedition Trailer and rooftop tent  that i tow with my Jeep. Not used to grey water and black tanks!!! Now that I have more room to play with I was just curious about putting in a bigger tank, but i knew it wasnt as simple as that. I asked some people on the facebook group. Even with 21 gallon tanks behind the axle by 2ft people have bent their frames apparently. I have decided to go with the 21 gallon tank and actually move it up behind the cab of the drivers side. 

I would just get a couple of 5 gal water containers for xtra water. 

When we had our 18ft sunrader I replumbed the shower disconnecting it from the black tank. The replumb was set up for a standard hose connection that could go directly into a 5 gal bucket or out into the bushes. I replaced the shower spray nozzle with the pull out type that is used in residential sinks for rinsing off dishes. Not the main faucet but the little sprayer along side on a hose. They provide a high velocity spray and they shut off. Found that we could take a shower with about 2 to 3 gallons of water. Since the 18 ft black tanks are only 8 gallons it was a big deal. Adapting the new hose to the existing threads though is a bit of a challenge. Take as many pieces as you can when you visit the hardware store to match threads!

I use four of those five gallon tanks myself and a funnel and a gallon jug to refill my water tank. also have thetford  smart tote tye on back for trip home .  on my harbor frt rear carrear