Selling my toy - what price should I ask?

DanAatTheCape

I am thinking of changing my RV life.   Since my wife has left this world I am thinking of trying a fiberglass trailer (Casita),

I am looking at one now and then I   plan to sell my toy.  1993 Winnebago warrior. 130k miles.  mechanically sound.  timing belt & valves current, runs & drives good.  V6. 

replaced rear leave springs 4 or 5 years ago - added extra leaf to stock set up.  Bilstein shocks.

Tires are about 1/2 gone, about 3 years old.  Roof AC replaced a few years ago. Frig replaced in 2010 - has always been run level - works great..

Interior in good shape - I have had plastic runners on floor and towels on seats.

All Appliance work with one exception - furnace is erratic/ questionable at best.

Engine driven AC reworked a year ago - pulls 40 degrees.  Actually cools cabin some when underway even on hot days - cab is quite comfy.

This is the 321-rb  *rear bath*        ..Also could include Honda 2000.

No pics yet - exterior would clean up good - needs a bath at the moment.  Old pic attached. brochure attached.

ANY THOUGHTS ON PRICING?

93-MicroMiniWarrior-brochure.pdf

camper.JPG

Sorry for your loss. Yeah that is the kind of money and then some they are bringing here on the east coast.

so sorry for your loss. i have the same rig, less awning. mine has 57k now. no issues. hope you get the best possible price. and good luck with future adventures. respectfully, joe from dover.

Dan

I cannot imagine what your going thru at this time.  I have experienced many losses and they were mine and mine alone.

I do know loss and my heart goes out to you and yours.

You have not said why you want to part with your Toyhome?

The cassidas look like nice rigs but I have never seen one that compares to a Toyhome.

Thank you so much for your participation in this forum.  I believe i have read everything you have ever posted.

I Agree! I’ve learned a lot from you Dan. Thank You! You taught me how to properly drive Grannie also. Best to You!

Dan I see you have your Winnebago listed on in our classified section for the very reasonable price of 11,500. If there's anyone here still looking you should jump on it. No one takes better care of their rigs than Dan. Oh and Dan you can sell your Toyota but I do not give you permission to leave this group. We still need your advice on a million different things

Linda S

Thanks for all the kind words.  As I move my stuff into the Casita (which has a lot less storage) I have considered listing the Casita for sale and keeping the Toy.

The reason I was considering changing is that I like to wander far off the beaten path, Because of the long "tail" I have found myself restrained. With a trailer I can drop it off and then wander. I have also considered a small fifth wheel or a smaller class A & towing a jeep.  When I am in Florida I hunt the many WMA's some of which have free campgrounds (boondocking opportunity for those interested in wintering in Florida on a budget) - moving the Toy required a helper to stage vehicles and was a pita.  

Well, I sold my Toy today. A nice young couple came by - 20 year old - with a dream to explore the USA.  BTW, Told them about this forum - if you see Diego and Ali(spelling?) please say hello.

I sold it for 9500 with me keeping the Honda 2000.  I probably could have gotten more but not into the hassle ( I could not keep it at my condo). It did have a few outstanding issues - relatively minor, but they should be addressed. 

It was amazing how much crap came out of the cabinets!  

Sad to see it go, but a new chapter starts.

• 4 weeks later...