Just got my Dolphin, the body will need a LOT of work, looking for advice and resources.

JStro23

K so the old owner said they are thinking this will need a literal total body rebuild. I will post the pic of the crack above the door, this wouldn't let me post more photos. These are of the primary physical damage. Looking for how to best approach this build and what exactly can be done and how (or resources showing how)

Thank you, I look forward to getting to know y'all throughout this build. Wish me luck that the circumstances work out and I can finish it in time.

20190217_115805.jpg

20190217_115457.jpg

20190217_115424.jpg

20190217_115411.jpg

20190217_115405.jpg

20190217_115351.jpg

20190217_115340.jpg

20190217_115334.jpg

Well the site wont let me post the pics of the crack above the door for some reason. So yea. Just looking for a finger pointed in the right direction. Will be first going through the process of registration and such so just trying build up a stockpile of info for which direction to start once I get it registered under my name.

Edited by JStro23

Thank you! Though I was primarily wondering of based on what is seen in the photos, this is something that can be done one problem at a time rather than literally stripping the whole thing down to nothing. For example the crack above the side door (wouldnt let me upload but the right side panel is cracked from the top right of the door to the top) Would it be a viable plan to work on let's say just a panel at a time, and the problems beneath it (like reinforcing certain areas) rather than stripping everything apart and re-doing the entire exterior. 

Interior work will come after I am sure the body is structurally sound. Want to make sure it is solid, water-proof, and strong enough for many many trips. Then I will be gutting the inside and fully customizing it. At that point I will be geared towards learning about the electrical system and piping systems as I put it all together.

Oh also there is a small hole in the floor above the back left wheel from a presumed blowout. All things that seem like they could be done one at a time, but the last owner insisted it had to be totally taken apart and re-done (which is not doable for me)

Edited by JStro23