Best place for Mr. Heater Big Buddy

gringostar

Hi 

I have a Mr heater Big Buddy because my furnace is dead. I first tried it on the floor and it nearly melted the floor tiles. I put it on the stove and it melted the light cover for the vent fan. Any suggestions? I might try it on the floor again but put it on low. 

20190216_135625.jpg

20190216_135659.jpg

On 2/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, Maineah said:

Personally the best place is in the garage.

I agree, they are too big for our cramped RV's. I thought of getting one for my shop but gave up the idea because I did not want to set my dog on fire. If you camp where you have shore power then one of the small electrics with a built in circulation fan is far safer.

Flaming dogs are rather bother some, very hard to catch. Any catalytic heater sucks up O2 so you open a window there goes the heat. If you can plug in the electric ones can't be beat I would fix/replace the RV furnace if I had to park with out power frankly I can't sleep with one running I wake up and wonder why I parked at the jet port.

Hey Gringostar, I may suggest getting the Little Buddy (one burner) as I use that and it works great. On high it heats up my Sunrader to 75F when it is 30F outside. I then turn it to the low setting and it stays at 65F inside with 35% humidity. At bedtime I turn it down to just the "candle" flame,  pilot light, and it keeps it from freezing inside and usually wake up to 45F. I mounted it about 8" off the floor toward the back door as even the small ones will heat up the floor just in front of them. I also run it off a 5 gal. tank with the "clean hose" that doesn't require the filter. Just some ideas.