Sensor panel for '87 Sunrader

Iflyfish

Looking for a replacement for the sensor panel for my '87 Sunrader. Current buttons are damaged but work. Thanks

Iflyfishguages

4 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

What's it out of?

It's a '88 Sunrader.  Seems to be stock.  Yea, it's part of the range vent hood.  I'm not fond of it and the tank sensors stopped working long ago.  I'd like to replace the hood with a new one but I've not been able to find one that I know would be compatible (rear vent with a light).  I can move the water pump switch and then I'd just junk the whole panel.  I'd get See-Level if I did want to monitor the tanks (some day in the future I'll get around to this).

So it sounds like it's unlikely to be what Iflyfish is after...

That panel is certainly on my 'to-do' list, but I may replace a tank or two first and so it's low in priority.  

I can monitor my fresh water tank very easily with a flashlight so I'm not in a rush about it.

FYI, I just got my new leaf springs and shocks installed and I'm about to take a round trip to Birmingham from Atlanta to settle them out.  I'll post an update under my 'blown leaf springs' thread after that.

1 hour ago, AtlantaCamper said:

It's a '88 Sunrader.  Seems to be stock.  Yea, it's part of the range vent hood.  I'm not fond of it and the tank sensors stopped working long ago.  I'd like to replace the hood with a new one but I've not been able to find one that I know would be compatible (rear vent with a light).  I can move the water pump switch and then I'd just junk the whole panel.  I'd get See-Level if I did want to monitor the tanks (some day in the future I'll get around to this).

So it sounds like it's unlikely to be what Iflyfish is after...

Thanks, mine is stand alone and not attached to the stove hood. 

1 hour ago, Derek up North said:

709-P3-web.png

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/product/709p3-seelevel-tank-monitor/

Yep, these have been mentioned here before.

Thanks Derek. It looks like it would fit. Any info on ease of install? 

Iflyfishguaged

1 hour ago, Iflyfish said:

Thanks Derek. Appreciate the info. 

Iflyfishguagingmytanks

They are not super easy to instal however you can use the existing wiring. The instructions are top rate and they are excellent units very accurate. The old ones were pretty useless brand new these things are the best hands down worth all the effort. I will give you a tip on the external tanks underneath once they are installed undercoat them with spray on undercoat.

19 hours ago, Maineah said:

They are not super easy to instal however you can use the existing wiring. The instructions are top rate and they are excellent units very accurate. The old ones were pretty useless brand new these things are the best hands down worth all the effort. I will give you a tip on the external tanks underneath once they are installed undercoat them with spray on undercoat.

The sensors are working. May just do the panel install. Thanks. 

Iflyfish 

20 hours ago, Iflyfish said:

The sensors are working. May just do the panel install. Thanks. 

Iflyfish 

No matter what you do the stock tank sensors are only 25% accurate there are only 4 so any thing in between is a guess. They are problematic and easily fouled with the likes of TP. The See Level ones are externally mounted and have a wide range of sensor points. I had an issue with one sensor mounting so I called the co, the owner actually answered the phone and was quickly able to give me a work around for the problem. If you really want to know what's in your tanks they are the best.

Thanks Mainea, Will go the whole route then if I do replace the gauge. Much appreciated.

Iflyfishconmitoyamigos