Window weep hole covers

jb50hb

Anyone on the Forum suggest where I can obtain the little plastic covers which go on the bottom channel of the windows. I believe they are called "weep hole covers".. About 1 inch square with two little legs that snap into the hole in the window frame. They list "weep hole" covers on the Internet (Google) but nearly all are much bigger for newer trailers and motor-homes.

Thanks, Jack

These will be a little too wide. You just drill a tiny hole the correct distance so they will fit. Very expensive though. 

https://www.pellandent.com/Weep-Hole-Cover-Hehr

Karen who used to post here made some with tin snips and a soda can. 

Linda S

Found her post. She glued them in place instead of trying to make tiny legs to fit into the holes

You might be needing some new weep hole covers. Those are pretty easy to make using thin aluminum sheet from the hardware store or even the metal from a pop or beer can. The ones on my Sunrader measured out to be 3/4" wide. That means it is very easy to form them over the edge of a 3/4 inch wide board. Then just trim to match the profile of the edge of the window trim with a pair of shop scissors. If you are making a bunch of them just create a paper patern. I glued the new weep hole cover in place with the rubber fortified brand of super glue gel from Gorilla Glue. It helps the job go faster if you have some super glue accelerator on hand. I made them 3 years ago and they are still holding in there nice and strong. The original weep hole covers on my Sunrader were made from Styrene plastic which does not hold up well to UV light. This summer I will get around to replacing the rest of them as the other that are still original are very brittle and coming apart now. They won't hold up for another RV bath day.