Front suspension travel 1990 Warrior

VGABNDO

My Warrior is new to me and I've certainly enjoyed the well-earned reputation for a smooth ride, but in checking out a noise I'm hearing at full lock turning, I noticed that I have what appears to be all of 1 1/4" of travel in the front end. Is this correct? 

The distance, under weight, between the stop bumper and the frame. The distance the A-arm can move up in response to the road before suspension hits an immovable part of the truck. That's what i had in mind.  

Wheel travel is measured from full drop to full compression. The shock for your truck has 4.6" of travel, when you figure out the ratio of the A arm from the pivot to the shock to tire. You should have 6"+ of travel

5 hours ago, WME said:

Wheel travel is measured from full drop to full compression. The shock for your truck has 4.6" of travel, when you figure out the ratio of the A arm from the pivot to the shock to tire. You should have 6"+ of travel

Wheel travel was what I had in mind. Thank you. 

I'm going to guess what you are hearing on hard lock is the stop on on the steer knuckle hitting the lower control arm. It is very common on all of the earlier toyota trucks and is most apparent driving over a dip in the road when the steering is hard to one side or the other. When they were new there was a plastic cap on the steering stop but they did not last long. What I have done to all of mine in the past was to put a little grease on the shiny spot on the lower control arm every time I serviced it. Won't fix it but it's a lot less annoying. These things amazingly enough have a pretty good front suspension and are usually trouble free despite the extra weight.

it aint rocket science - it is a front end. If you are not familiar, get it checked by a reliable mechanic.

ball joints, tie rods, bushings etc. 

it does not have  leaf springs or coil springs, it has torsion bars.