Range hood light

you might be - there would be a switch on the front of the vent top if a light and /or fan was installed.  I think .  I saw a fan - the light switch would be beside the fan switch.

Edited by DanAatTheCape

I think you are missing the bulb and plastic lens. The bulb I think is a T3-1/4 Glass Wedge Base available at any auto parts store. The socket you see is the bulb socket (red wire). There is also a rectangle shaped translucent plastic panel that sits at the bottom.

168-2.jpg

On Grannie my range hood did not vent outside the rig. I removed the hood with it’s lousy lighting/noisy fan and installed LED lights there. I also installed a Maxxair Deluxe fan over the upper bunk to provide proper ventilation if needed for cooking. Enlarged the kitchen area with much better lighting!

the older ones I have had 78 and 87 both use a large incandescent bulb standerd edeson base  same as a house type but it is 12 volts . also used in the old 12 volt clamp on battery work light . this hood   vent line     in the picts                                                        is the exact same hood  used in mobile homes . except smaller and made for 12 volt .does it by chance have one rotary switch if so one klik is fan 2 kliks is fan and light .

Edited by 5Toyota

Thanks for the replies.

It has 2 switches. Will probably put an LED up there.

We just got two small rounded motion detector lights that run on 3 AAA batteries. they're great when you have to get up in the middle of the night, although the dog sets them off frequently with any kind of motion.