Anyone interested in a Rally in Rockland Maine Summer 2019?

REALLYRURAL

Hi Everyone

I have been trolling the forum for 6 plus years have restored one toyhome several times and am c iurrently restoring my second toyhome.

Leaving Maine around the last week in January 2019. Returning when the weather is better....

So I  have a long term involvement with the Landings Marina in Rockland Maine. Over several weekends in the summer the Landings hosts 50 plus camping rigs for two or three days at a time.

The Bluesfest is the big weekend and not on the table.

What is on the table for the Landings Marina is any weekend but the Bluesfest in Rockland Maine.

https://maineboats.com/boatshow

August for the boatshow  would be a great time to organize a gathering of ToyHomes as nothing is scheduled for the parking lot.

No hookups will be available but bathrooms, showers and laundry are.

If we can establish a mass showing of Toyhomes I can guaranty a great time on the water in Maine.

If Toyhomes just need a place to hang by the water in 2019 this is the place. Build your own fire on the beach.

Thoughs?????

• 2 weeks later...

So I met with the owner of the Landings Marina and explained what  a Toy In is.

He regrets passing on the purchase of a very nice ToyHome  several years ago and enjoys hosting RVs anytime.

Two weekends out of the summer when big events are happening in Rockland and the marina property is not used for camping are:

The Boats Homes and Harbor Show August 9 -11 2019 this is a fun show.

https://maineboats.com/boatshow

The other is the Lobster Festival..  July 31st Thru August 4th.  The Marina has its own party on the Saturday evening with a huge discounted lobster feed. All are welcome to attend

http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/

The Owlshead Transportation Museum has many events during the Summer and our rigs are old enough to get in free to any event. It might even be possible to dry camp on their property during any event.  I highly recommend checking out any event here.  The people who make this happen are amazing and for the most part dedicated volunteers. 

The Truck and Tractor Show is one of my favorites . I took my 1988 F-Superduty ramp truck to the show 2018.

They also have a great Motorcycle show and if I am around I display a few of my Yamahas there.

Any visit to OHT Is worth every moment.  Many people who come from far away park there RVs and stay for the weekend. I will look into that.

If we have ten or more to display the museum would give us our own show.....

http://owlshead.org/events/detail/truck

The Landings charges 30 to 40 per night.  No hookups. You can water up and I am working on modifying a manhole to provide a free dump station.

The City Of Rockland has a dump station but charges 25 bucks to dump.  I am going to look into that as dumping used to be free.

Walmart and Tractor Supply in Thomaston are actually in my back yard. I treat Walmart as my pantry and keep a lot less food in the house since it oppened[ six? years ago).

There are many fun things to do here in Midcoast Maine and I look forward to seeing as many members as can show.

If we can get enough rigs together maybe we can do some tech forums and each speak on our own expertise.

I thank Everyone who has contributed to this forum You have all been a huge help and Inspiration.

RR

If I put a Toyota sticker on the back of my camper would that be OK? I do tow it with a Toyota truck! Southwest mountains of Maine I love the mid coast great place for a toy in no lack of things to do and see.

Maineah....

You are welcome to participate anyway you please.....

"If I put a Toyota sticker on the back of my camper would that be OK? I do tow it with a Toyota truck! Southwest mountains of Maine I love the mid coast great place for a toy in no lack of things to do and see. "

You are welcome to do you...

Moving on....

The owner marina also owns other properties that are available to myself (local quick lube)  that can be used to look over on our rigs on off hours.

So..

Lets get together and have some fun this summer.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 9:07 PM, REALLYRURAL said:

Moving on....

The owner marina also owns other properties that are available to myself (local quick lube)  that can be used to look over on our rigs on off hours.

So..

Lets get together and have some fun this summer.

I could use  that about now my snow banks are a high as the tractor bucket will reach!

• 1 month later...

I go by Ports.  I have a 1994 Winnebago Micro Warrior that I purchased last April from an older couple in Florida.  Me and my wife might be interested in the Rockland Rally.  I will continue to check your post. Would be great to around other toy owners as I am trying to learn as much as I can so I can do as much as I can.  Ports

• 1 month later...

So I came home on April 29th to find that leaving the heat and water on was a huge mistake.  379,784.00 gallons had run through the meter.

Got it under control now and no condolences are necessary.  It has been an unusual experience just focusing on myself and the repair of the damage to my situation....

I make my living taking care of other peoples projects.

Enough about me....

Lets talk about the Members here whether one owns a Toyhome or not (all are welcome) and how we can get together and enjoy the Coast Of Maine this summer.

The Landings Marina throws a party for the Lobster Festival that starts July 31 this year.

I am willing to be the Host for a Toy/Members rally that weekend..

The infrastructure is already existing ; bathrooms, showers, laundry, and working on a dumpstation.

We have a lobsterbake at the Marina on Saturday night and the more is always the merrier so a big fun get together is assured there.

If we have a nice turnout I can build a bonfire on the beach....  Hell if anyone shows up I will build a bonfire on the beach. 

I have been seeing Toyhomes all over the state hope to see you and yours here.

Any questions or concerns?

On 6/18/2019 at 9:50 PM, frontboat said:

Maybe.  what is the layout of parking. pics. any happy hours bars nearby?

We have an upper parking lot to use at anytime...  Just go to the Landings Marina and speak to Kevin Taylor.  He is a most gracious host and a friend to the traveling community.. Any RV is welcome at anytime.  If you need some pics Google earth will give you anything you need to see.

I am working on making about a dozen RV sites that are on a private beach here.

I am planning a bonfire for Saturday night and there are plenty of bars in crawling distance.  So this get together should be friendly to all groups.  A huge event next door and the City has the welcome mat laid out.

It should be a really huge bonfire...

The Marina has two really nice boats available to me so I can give "Free Harbor Tours" One boat is fast the other is slow.

I have a beloved  Cape Dory Typhoon named DESIDaRTA  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiF4pHTy4PjAhWOTt8KHRElAY4QFjAAegQIAhAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmwkworks.com%2Fdesiderata.html&usg=AOvVaw3FPJz4IMbwOSOBqEbGCxD_

On the vhf radio I call her" sloop 122" as that is easy to relate and needs no explanation.  I may launch her this summer.

I might be wrong but I think Candi en money might be at Par for this weekend.   

• 1 month later...

So the Lobster Festival Weekend is here.

If anyone is in the area and wants to spend a day or two. Please see Kevin or Greg at the marina office on the pier.  They will set you up with a site in the upper parking lot. 35 per night.

Saturday night is the annual Lobster Bake for the marina and everyone on this site is invited. It is a Potluck (bring a side or dessert if possible) with a bargain price to cover the costs of Lobsters and clams.  This is a fun event that is full of people who love to travel and share their travels. So everyone should fit right in.

I have been traveling to Calais Maine from Rockland  every other weekend to help an Elderly friend (boy do I hate driving five hours and still be in the STATE O MAINE).

In my long travel Downeast I have seen 1 or 2 toyhomes each trip and happily flashed my headlights and waved.  Sometimes this is returned as ToyPeople are sometimes surprised to see another one and just gawk.  That was my response for a long time upon encountering another Toyhome.

If you want to stay in the Walmart parking lot and attend the Marina Party then you are my invited guest.

If your off having a good time traveling this great STATE O MAINE then please do your thing.

If your coming give a heads up (P MAIL?)

I will offer to host this next summer.

Happy Motoring

Dale