Coach Battery

Tony D.

What type and brand of Deep Cycle Battery to you recommend?  I just had a Walmart battery go bad after 2 years.  That seems to be pretty short for a $100 battery!

Charger, maintenance, how far it was discharged are all part of the battery lifespan. A lot of folks do well with WalMart batteries. The fact that they are everywhere is nice when you are on the road a lot and you have a warranty claim.

A "best" battery will be over $200. Lifeline, Trojan, Deka are highly rated. You also have to decide flooded cell or AGM. If you need the very best a LiP04 (lithium) run around $750+

They actually are not bad the bottom line there are only a few manufacturers of batteries WalMart is just a rebrand of Exid. Some are listed as starting/deep cycle I would go with some thing that says it's deep cycle. The sky's the limit 100 bucks is not bad so how deep are your pockets? AMG $200 plus. Mine are  on charge 24/7 they last around 4 -5 years.

I recommend the walmart deep cycles.  I think they are from Johnson Controls.

ANY battery will have a short life IF the operator does not understand cycles and sulfation.

Want a deep cycle battery to last?  avoid deep discharges and do not leave it discharged.  My walmart house battery is 3 years old, and I have done long summer trips with lots of boon docking.  When inactive, I disconnect a terminal from the battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input.  I bought another through Walmart although it is not available in local stores.  universal ub121000-45978 12v 100ah deep cycle agm  for $164universal ub121000-45978 12v 100ah deep cycle agm battery 12v 24v 48v(black)

That's a good deal, also its an AGM battery and has different charging/maintenance requirements than a typical flooded cell. Check your converter settings to make sure you can keep the battery happy