Ecu help

Jakeww

On my 94 V6 I tested everything that could produce a bad signal 3 times, looked at every wire that could be chaffed.  Read countless posts on the net relating to no start situation most of whom said it is never the ECU! 

Out of frustration threw in the towel and sent the ECU for diagnosis and it was the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, Jakeww said:

Where did you send it?

I found a fellow in Wheatridge Colorado. ECU repair dot com I believe. he charged me about 180. guaranteed it two years unlimited mileage. I am sorry I do not have his contact info right now as my rig is back in the centennial state and I am currently assisting my 90 YO grandmother in NYC. I found one in Bakersfield CA but the salvage yard was unwilling to ship but that was back in JUNE. Yoda Jims in Denver also had several units. you have the factory number 35040. and this should help you. check the ebay and ask around. this site has great folk and many minds working towards the same goal. to keep these things on the road and in our favorite vacation spots. Best of Luck and we hope to see you out there!

What makes you sure that it is the point of failure? my rig had a super dim check engine light and after hunting down parts and replacements the new unit still gave me trouble until I got out the old trusty voltmeter and discovered that the ECU was not properly grounding. check the lines first. in my case the brown wire coming out of the ECU was supposed to become a white wire somewhere and once I discovered that there was a problem and tapped into the line, soldiered and shrink wrap to keep moisture out, then fresh ground. Bam problem solved! of course that is only one problem of many. I am still working on Flipper. but hope to be back home soon to sort my other laundry list of maintenance that was neglected by previous owners.

Good Luck friend!

Edited by flipper the 87 dolphin
misspelling.