18 MPG Fully Loaded?

gringostar

Hi, 

I just seen this one for sale on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Micro-Winnebago-Warrior-Toyota-Class-C-RV/163354631581?hash=item2608b1dd9d:g:tC8AAOSwsz9b3wSk:rk:3:pf:0  

Seller says it gets "about 18 mpg full loaded."  I have a 4 cylinder and I'm only getting 15 mpg.  Is this the case of, "MPG magically going up once for-sale sign is put in the window?"  

Yes or it is the only V6 in the country that gets 18.    I notice there are different kinds of people who get high mileage.  Some are delusional and could pass a lie detector test on inflated mpg claims.  Some are very poor at math and some are just liars who think everyone is stupid enough to believe them.  Any way you look at it you cannot trust anything else they say.

If you drive 40 across the desert with zero traffic maybe 15-16. Best I did with a 22RE toy home was 13.5-14 shoot my 2011 Tacoma 4X4 usually is around 18 and it's close to 2,000# lighter with a lot lower profile. 

I am on my 2nd - first was a 92 spirit & now a 93 warrior.   the 92 averaged 14-15 under ideal conditions.  the warrior averages 14 under ideal conditions. In the summer with ac on driving about 60 I closer to 13.  

A lot less creeping around in the mountains.

18?   NO WAY!

PS:  I average over 1000's of miles.  I am good at math.

Edited by DanAatTheCape

On 11/17/2018 at 9:04 AM, jjrbus said:

I don't think I could get 18 with my V6 coming down out of the mountains with a tailwind!

Even if you turned the engine off for the trip down!

I have a dolphin 87 22re 4 auto   last I checked about 12 to 13 pretty close to half a tank .  .  on yearly trip of 90 miles south Yakima wa to the tricites     richland pasco area 8 gallons of gas . no working dash air . no genei for roof air eather . there are some hills down that way .  our                daughter was with us one time.  not too far along the gage was down a 1/4 and she said wasn't your gas gage on full . I said ya but that was 40 miles ago .LOL

Edited by 5Toyota

• 2 weeks later...

My 1989 Dolphin 6 cyl. has Never, ever gotten close to 18 mpg.  13 is about as good as I have ever done and folks have been known to stretch the truth on Craigslist.

Most people with a V6 who seem reasonable report in the 12-13 area over many tanks of gas.  Sometimes under 10 going into the mountains with a headwind and and up to 15 under good conditions. 

I know going up into the Rockies I could almost see the gauge moving down and was checking the GPS for the next gas station!  I don't know what the mpg was but it was very poor! 

Edited by jjrbus