After major spark plug change and distributor cable change as well as 02 sensor change , it is getting worst ....no power .

drove 150 miles today , no engine light ,every time I push gas pedal there is a small jerking motion , engine is reving full blast , gears shifting like crazy , pedal to the metal all the time .no power , gas mileage horrible . Cannot diagnose  ...

air ? Fuel ? 

HELP

anybody with knowledge of this Toyota between Socorro NM and Phoenix AZ

that wouldn’t rape and pillage me ?!!!!

Edited by Cedric lauzon
Really need some help

I'm not sure about the A340 transmission, but the A43D uses a shift cable. Misadjustment will result in most of your symptoms.

How does your trannie fluid look/smell?

The trans fluid is clear reddish brown, no smells . 

At least we managed to park in town next to o Reilly, the car feels like it wants to stall constantly. 

If there is any doubt about the trans shifting put it in low and shift up manually. You of course have no ideal of what the fuel pressure is because that would be the first thing to check it probably has a 27 year old fuel filter full of rust and water.

it Was the distributor that was faulty and a bad distributor cable that was sparking and jotled the nice mobile mechanic that did not charge us an arm and a leg ! 

the gear shift cable picture I posted  before is out a position and should be changed , that is why the gears are all going weird . 

It is 10 times cheaper he told me to do the gear repair cable in Mexico and on the hills just go second gear like you said .

He tested the flow of gas by disconnecting the fuel line and that was a flow !!!!means really good fuel pump  . 

Thanks God the sparking did not ignite all the spilled gasoline !

hope that can be helpful to all stranded souls out there on the road .

ps : o Reilly s rocks and suggested a mobile mechanic .