Overhead Cab Rebuild Question

kylendawson

I have a 1991 Warrior

For those who have undertaken this project:

When rebuilding the overhead cab, how did you guys put the fiberglass back together--particularly under the cab.  Did you just "glue it directly to the new plywood and then create a new seal where the two pieces of fiberglass meet?  Did you reuse the metal bar along the bottom?

Also, if there is a good resource or message thread to use, please point me in that direction.  Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the club. :)

This is a very common situation, and there's lots of info out there, with many different approaches. Choosing your repair method will be a factor of time/money/tools/experience.

Not saying this is "the right way to go!" or anything, but here's what I did, in this over-dramatically-titled thread: 

• 8 months later...

I just got 87 Dolphin.  It has major wood rot. I'm looking for advice on an idea.  I thought i could replace the side walls with 3/4" wood instead of the foam/wood paneling.  Does anyone thins this would be to heavy for the overhead?  Also Plan on using 3/4" for the bed of 

20190714_182714.jpg

20190714_182706.jpg

20190714_182709.jpg

20190712_185341.jpg

20190712_185348_HDR.jpg