Our first rv.

Ifthis

Before a long description of our mess.

Hi. We are Kristina and alex, from Miami Beach. After years of motorcycle tent travels. We decided on somthing more complicated and expensive. With walls. The wife is afraid of bears, wolves and rednecks.  After looking for a automatc Mirage with cab a.c. and 4wheel drive.  We ended up with a 1980 r20 RBR mini cruiser. 4speed. No a.c.. 17k miles or 117k miles. Thats about all i know. Not alot of info out there on them.   Its in usable condition. Cab is 70% bondo and aluminum sheets. A fair bit of "fixed"water damage. Still leeking in the cab over.  Fairly sure it has the bad axle.   Converted to full time shore power. Stove and fridge replaced with 120v mini fridge. No furnace or hot water tank. If it had one. Window ac in rear window spot. Front window replaced with more aluminum. 2016 tires. (3 hold air)but dont know the class. Guessing the cheapest ones. 

In craigslist terms its "like new"

What weve done.  Got the breaks to work. Replaced all steering bits. Took out thermostat. It was running hot on highways. Got the 12v system half functional. Its not charging yet. Some one had grounded it to the gas tank. 

Under the hood on the driver side im missing somthing square. Guessing the battery isolater. And somthing round next to that.  Today is new altinator day. Its puting out 11.7 to 12v . Then i will play with the charging. 

What id like to know. 

Do i have an aluminum frame or wood. How can i check the condition of the roof with out falling threw.  Can i reinforce the roof.  Whats behind my walls. If i start pealing them back.  What is the outer shell made of?  Where can i find a wireing diagram or any more information on rbr. 

There seems to be some debate on the axle on the small rvs. But id like to stick a motorcycle on the back. Will the axle from the old toyota box trucks fit? 

Thank.