Slowstone’s 1983 Phoenix

Slowstone

I just bought an ‘83 Phoenix to repair and live in. I’m 28 years old and have been living off grid for the last 6 months in Northern California. My goal is to develop a lifestyle that will allow me to travel and focus on photography and fine art. For now, it’s time to restore this thing to acceptable shape.

It has 60k on the odometer but was neglected so there is a bunch of water damage. I have a feeling that I’ll be rebuilding a lot of the box but the challenge is welcome.

I’m a pretty seasoned mechanic and have built a bunch of street rods over the years but this is my first RV. Really looking forward to learning more about these Toyotas. Here’s a link to a walk around video. Any advice on the process of inspecting damage would be appreciated! 

https://youtu.be/bBPkFT7uAhU

Thanks for the replies. It is a 6 lug!

The videos I'm creating will probably have a mixture of building and adventures. Is there an appropriate place that I could create a thread to share it all over time? I respect and understand the desire to keep a forum cleanly and organized. 

20181022_121028.jpg

• 2 years later...