Cushion Layout Schematic?

a2ndopinion

In my ‘85 Sunrader (21’, rear dinette), that I bought from member “Kale” last year, I’m having one hell of a time getting the dinette seat cushions laid out to make the bed smooth. Did Sunrader have a schematic to follow, or has anyone here experimented enough to get a comfortable, tight fit?  I have a thick foam pad to cover all of it, but a pic of which one goes where sure would help!

I’ll be sleeping on it all winter, as it’s easier to stay warm with a small electric heater under it, compared to staying warm in the over cab bunk, but when I need to access anything under it, it’s a major PITA to move everything. 

I’m also thinking that since I’m single and only have to share it with “my boys” (cats), maybe I can divide it so I’m only using the front portion, maybe 1/2 +-?

I've also discovered that the dinette table top really needs to be reworked, with hinges or some sort of latching system so it is easier to get around when it’s up, but properly sit on the frame when lowered to be a bed. 

I did find last winter that corregated cardboard wedged between the cushions and the walls worked out great to keep them warmer to the touch when temps dropped into the 20s!

Edited by a2ndopinion
Clarification

That might be a great help. Styrofoam? I’d want a porthole or two to let in some daylight though  , as I don’t have a vent/skylight in the front  maybe that’s something to add. Do you have a pic showing the ladder?

Although I like having the “heated bed,” as do my kitties. 

Edited by a2ndopinion

Modify to your heart's content. Make a smaller window withing the new inner walls with plexiglass? Or an opening hatch to close after dark? It's just a starting point. I'd also insulate the ceiling and under the bed. IF there's enough headroom in a Sunrader bunk.

https://www.andybaird.com/travels/gertie/bedroom.htm

19 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

I'd also insulate the ceiling and under the bed. IF there's enough headroom in a Sunrader bunk.

https://www.andybaird.com/travels/gertie/bedroom.htm

There is, but when Kale installed the solar panels, the screws were too long, so now protrude through the ceiling by about 1/2”. I need to cut them shorter, but don’t want to lose the sealing he applied!

yeah, maybe I need to give up using the “rear bunk” and just set it up as a table again - do it right the first time!

Oh - and thanks for the link!

Edited by a2ndopinion