Changed the vacuum hoses.  22R.  Went to Oreilleys auto parts.  Bought 15' of hose, sized to fit the plastic fitting from the truck.  Used all but 7'.  $9.60.

Beware there is a 3-way fitting in front of the engine 2" away from the distributor.  You could easily remove this to take it into the parts store just to make sure the hose fits.  Then when you get home, you don't know which way to go back, not realizing it is a check valve, not just a splitter.  Fortunately, I have a photo of my engine compartment... been there, done that...

Be gentle.  In my case, all of the hoses went onto metal parts, except for the 3-way.  If you break something, good luck finding the part to replace.  Might get relatively expensive.  

There were seven hoses on my California equipped truck.  Easy job.  One hose at a time.  Not "remove all hoses then wonder where each goes".  Just saying.

First hose change since 1984.  'Bout time.

Yes, the wisdom is to use 3mm hose, but the one I bought fit the fitting best.  No I did not use silicone.   Didn't use Amazon because I wanted to do it now/today.

3/16 is 7/100"  larger easier to find and maybe even be  marked as 3 MM. Early emission stuff had lots of hoses even more so in CA!

Started it up, first time with new vac hoses.  Wow, it really runs smoother.

I also had some after market spark plug wires that would slip off the plug every 1000 miles or so.  Ever climbed the rockies on I-80 using only 3 cylinders?  

I went back with oem wires from a Toyota dealer.  They stay on, and don't slip.  

Also cleaned and re-attached all of the ground to body connections on the electrical.  Makes evil things go away.

New side view mirrors.  Bigger to park easier with.  Ordered from Mill Supply.

Edited by FredNewell

2 hours ago, FredNewell said:

Started it up, first time with new vac hoses.  Wow, it really runs smoother.

I also had some after market spark plug wires that would slip off the plug every 1000 miles or so.  Ever climbed the rockies on I-80 using only 3 cylinders?  

I went back with oem wires from a Toyota dealer.  They stay on, and don't slip.  

Also cleaned and re-attached all of the ground to body connections on the electrical.  Makes evil things go away.

New side view mirrors.  Bigger to park easier with.  Ordered from Mill Supply.

The labor of love really makes a difference.  I did all of the vacuum hoses on one of my trucks and cleaned contacts in distributor and she definitely thanked me!