We are the Toyota Camroad dealer based in Japan and can export directly to you. 2wd/4wd We also have all the makes and models of any small to midsize Japanese motorhome.

Japan Campers are the largest direct exporter of Japanese campers and motorhomes to customers worldwide. We have all the models at great prices both 2wd and 4wd versions with either diesel or petrol. Please visit our website regularly for updates. No one sells at better prices than Japan campers. If we don't have what you're looking for at the price you want then it doesn't exist. We export to all countries. Our  website is updated on a regular basis. If what you are looking for is not there then contact us as we have over 120 units in stock or can find what you are looking for in your budget range. For usa units must be at least 25 years old. Canada must be 15 years or older.NZ 1998 or older or 2008 onwards. Email us at japanrvs@mail.com   Visit us at   http://www.exportnippon.com

photo_5.jpg

3.jpg

460 (1).jpg

534.jpg

034D833C.jpg

photo_18.jpg

70003034593017060900300.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

Edited by Japanrvs

So what's the estimated cost by the time all import fees and taxes are paid, including titled and ready to go?  

11 hours ago, Japanrvs said:

Please email us for at japanrvs@yahoo.com or click on this link http://exportnippon.com/contact-

Please try to answer the simplest of questions. If you can't/won't, please stop using this Forum for free marketing. :)

Perhaps you could start by giving an example of something you have in stock that's at least 25 years old.

1 hour ago, Derek up North said:

Please try to answer the simplest of questions. If you can't/won't, please stop using this Forum for free marketing. :)

Perhaps you could start by giving an example of something you have in stock that's at least 25 years old.

That was about the answer I expected ? I don’t see anything in stock in the states at all.  I recall seeing a 4x4 Hilux Diesel Galaxy that was listed for about $45,000!

Right hand drive, won't meet US emissions or safety standards. Kind of doubtful it would get past the docks.

It's possible to get them road legal but you're going to be dropping some serious cash.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:32 AM, Odyssey 4x4 said:

So what's the estimated cost by the time all import fees and taxes are paid, including titled and ready to go?  

Really depends on the make and type. You can export to be paying in the high$20,000,s for something like this landed

1994 Isuzu terra 500 4wd manual 3.1-litre diesel engines

Isuzu motorhomes started production in 1994 so next year they and the Toyota Camroads will be allowed into the USA.

these campers are fully equipped with toilet shower heater aircon power windows central locking awning and drive like a car and get around 35 mpg

Models below are from left to right. Isuzu elf terra 500 . Isuzu elf outback express and on the bottom Toyota Camroad Zill model that will also be allowed into the in 2019.

Please go to www.exportnippon.com to get an idea of different Japanese motorhomes.

W30L01_03.jpg

W30L01_09.jpg

6c4fb763.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by Japanrvs

That Isuzu is definitely sweet.  I looked at something similar before the Odyssey but I was told interior height was something like 5’8”.  

Im curious if parts would be hard to locate on some of these.  Also they may be even more underpowered than the current US Toyota campers!

Does the $20,000 landing estimate include fees of having titled in the states?  I know the fees can easily hit over $5,000 by the time all is said and done and you’ve fought your DMV tooth and nail.  

Edited by Odyssey 4x4

On 10/5/2018 at 11:49 PM, Derek up North said:

But do we want an Isuzu?

"... the 3.1 Litre Isuzu Elf that struggles to do 90 kmh and is very noisy as the Isuzu Elf is running at flat out at 3500 rpm at 100 kmh."

http://isuzu-elf-motorhome.jigsy.com/4-wheel-drive

Toyota Camroad 3 Litre cruises at 110 np. 4.3 Litre elf cruises same speed np. Other option turbo kit $995 40% power increase.

Edited by Japanrvs

So, high $20s ($29.999) for a 3.1l Isuzu that we don't want. So how much for something we do want? And are you talking US$? And which of the models will give 35mpg (Imperial, I assume) you quoted? I strongly suspect that is somewhat 'optimistic'. I don't suppose you have any independent test reports to back up that claim?

56 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

So, high $20s ($29.999) for a 3.1l Isuzu that we don't want. So how much for something we do want? And are you talking US$? And which of the models will give 35mpg (Imperial, I assume) you quoted? I strongly suspect that is somewhat 'optimistic'. I don't suppose you have any independent test reports to back up that claim?

Re Derek up north

So far all the replies I see from you is sarcastic and negative and it seems like your trying to big note yourself and have a big chip on your shoulder. I am trying to help Americans see what is available in these campers. I have been reading some of your other posts and you seem like a very sarcastic and negative individual. I post on many forums and do not receive this combative response from moderators. And for your information, I have sent these units to the USA and Canada and they do indeed get 35 mpg when driven at 100 KLM ph or 60 mph. If you feel the need to continue posting negative replies I will discontinue this discussion as all I am trying to do is enlighten people in the USA.

Edited by Japanrvs

Well Derek does love to play Devil's Advocate. He is not the only person here though. Our current Toyota motorhomes are getting pretty darn old and I am happy to learn about possible newer options. Don't really love the right hand drive thing but I know many do it and have no problem with it. I personally appreciate your willingness to share more information when asked. Others in the past have been one shot ads with no response to questions. 

Linda S The other moderator

23 minutes ago, linda s said:

Well Derek does love to play Devil's Advocate. He is not the only person here though. Our current Toyota motorhomes are getting pretty darn old and I am happy to learn about possible newer options. Don't really love the right hand drive thing but I know many do it and have no problem with it. I personally appreciate your willingness to share more information when asked. Others in the past have been one shot ads with no response to questions. 

Linda S The other moderator

Linda

I am happy to help as far as giving the best available information on these Japanese units. From 2019 both the Isuzu elf and Toyota cam road motorhomes will be available for restriction-free import to the USA. That is good news for people wanting an economical small motorhome that can be easily parked in the driveway and drive like a car.

Lots of purddy pics. What we want is the $$ for a US legal unit FOB in say LA. Posting stuff we can't have is like waving raw meat in front of hungry wolves

6 hours ago, Japanrvs said:

Re Derek up north

So far all the replies I see from you is sarcastic and negative and it seems like your trying to big note yourself and have a big chip on your shoulder. I am trying to help Americans see what is available in these campers. I have been reading some of your other posts and you seem like a very sarcastic and negative individual. I post on many forums and do not receive this combative response from moderators. And for your information, I have sent these units to the USA and Canada and they do indeed get 35 mpg when driven at 100 KLM ph or 60 mph. If you feel the need to continue posting negative replies I will discontinue this discussion as all I am trying to do is enlighten people in the USA.

You show up on a forum with pictures of RV's in another country and appear to have no inventory in the US.  You are also very sketchy about details such as price or what has to be done to make them US legal.  No list of satisfied buyers willing to give reference.  We see scam ads for Toyota RV's and hear horror story's from buyers on a regular basis  in the US.  I think Derek is asking all the right questions!

Well there is always the risk of having them confiscated by the feds even after they they are registered here is a good read. trucktrend.com/features/1511-gray-market-vehicle-importing/

There are already a (large) number of importers of JDM vehicles in Canada and the USA. I'm sure you've already done a simple Google search. They provide details of specific vehicle they currently offer for sale.

"... what has to be done to make them US legal."   Very little, AFAIK. Once past 25 years (from date of manufacture, not model year) there's no need to meet EPA (smog) or DOT (safety) requirements. These are not 'Grey Market' vehicles. The only thing that comes to mind that might cause problems to get through a local State safety inspection might be converting the headlights to dip to the 'correct' side to not blind oncoming drivers. It would probably be difficult to source headlight units to accomplish this.

JapanRVs, I've a more than passing knowledge of importing cars. Even a bit about doing in to Australia and NZ. Much easier to NA than there. We don't even mind if there's still a bit of asbestos in them. :)

11 hours ago, Maineah said:

Well there is always the risk of having them confiscated by the feds even after they they are registered here is a good read. trucktrend.com/features/1511-gray-market-vehicle-importing/

Its ok I am not going to waste any more of time trying to educate Americans on the Japanese campers. 

2 hours ago, Japanrvs said:

Nothing  of interest.

Why don’t you just punish all of us and remove your useless profile. 

Well I guess you had better take your one note samba and go, don't let the door bang you in the As*.

Beside Dereks responses there were legit questions you choose never to  answer.

Edited by WME

I won't bother repeating the PM I received from our nameless Aussie friend. And I'm not sure what was in the message(s) he claims I removed. If it was removed, it must have been removed by someone else.

Now to waste some time removing our friends intellectual posts. Sorry I haven't been 'on duty' the past few hours. :)

Back over 20 years ago I was involved with a business that did gray market cars mostly  MB making them US friendly we did work on their cars after they made them US spec. well the best I saw was broom sticks painted black for door barriers inside the doors! At the time states did not do emissions so that was pretty much overlooked. It took the feds about two years to close the doors and that ended gray market stuff. 

6 hours ago, Maineah said:

Back over 20 years ago I was involved with a business that did gray market cars mostly  MB making them US friendly we did work on their cars after they made them US spec. well the best I saw was broom sticks painted black for door barriers inside the doors! At the time states did not do emissions so that was pretty much overlooked. It took the feds about two years to close the doors and that ended gray market stuff. 

This isn't a gray area anymore. These vehicles are 25 years old and don't need to meet US specs.  The main problem I can see with the guy who started this thread is that your spending a lot of money on a vehicle you can't see and drive first. We all know about the hidden problems of buying an older vehicle no matter how well it's been cared for. There is a guy in Portland who has been importing lots of 4x4 diesel and gas motorhomes lately.If anyone is interested in finding one keep an eye on Portland craigslist. They come up pretty often. 

Linda S

27 minutes ago, linda s said:

This isn't a gray area anymore. These vehicles are 25 years old and don't need to meet US specs.  The main problem I can see with the guy who started this thread is that your spending a lot of money on a vehicle you can't see and drive first. We all know about the hidden problems of buying an older vehicle no matter how well it's been cared for. There is a guy in Portland who has been importing lots of 4x4 diesel and gas motorhomes lately.If anyone is interested in finding one keep an eye on Portland craigslist. They come up pretty often. 

Linda S

I hear you but with a 25 year old right hand drive motorhome your better off with a 25 year old toy home for a good deal less money and less BS. The door was closed years ago on the gary market stuff after the feds found out what they were doing, at the time the cars were like at the most 5 years old and models that we never got.