Need stator for a Kohler generator

Tika

I'm trying to help someone locate a part for a generator in an Itasca.  The generator motor runs just fine but does not output electricity.  Yes, he has already tried flashing the rotor.

I already know that Kohlers are not very optimum and that parts are scarce.  However this vehicle requires a generator for the owner, and replacing it with an Onan or other brand is way too extensive of a project.  A portable generator that has to be regularly filled with fuel is not workable.  Repairing the current one is the best option.  

What we are looking for is a stator to fit a Kohler model 2.5CMZ, either submodel spec 177111 (gas) or 177113 (propane).  The Kohler part number is 228280.  

If anyone has or knows of an used Kohler geneset and would be willing to sell this part off of it, we would certainly compensate someone for the removal, and pay for shipping it to Illinois.

Phone replies are preferred if you have the actual part.

Tika

626-798-4510 (business cell phone)

__._,_.___

There has to be a Kohler out there with a toes up engine to swap out the generator unit. I have never had a Kohler unit apart but I'm guessing the stator assembly might be a bear to replace unless you replace the entire generator center section. The Kohler is a 3600 RPM generator so there is two poles to the stator assembly.

Yes, I am hoping someone out there has a used Kohler with a good stator.  There is a manner to get the stator out that isn't too hard if you know how.  I can explain it to anyone who has one for us.  Tika