Adding furring strips

white nick

I have my 78' torn down to the fiberglass. here I liquid nailed some furring strips to the interior, then added some insulation between the strips for good measure. this gives me something to staple or nail my paneling back to. seems to be working out great!

WIN_20180916_093252.JPG

Before adding firing strips, did you have your layout all figured out? I’m mentally preparing for buying a Sunrader soon and I don’t quit know my layout yet. But I want to get the foundation down before deciding. 

Absolutely!! So the wiring was removed from the walls and re-routed to the front, so then it can be easily fed in to the soffit accessories.the strips around the window give me something to staple the new wall paneling back to. The second lower horizontal strip serves as a cleat and an anchor point to re-attach the bench.to the right (not pictured) there are also cleats that were glued on to screw the new cabinets into. Then I repeat the process on the driver side, rear, etc. hope this helps