slcinwa

She's all mine!! 1992 Warrior

So excited!  Finalized the deal after getting really good inspections from both automotive repair shop and RV Inspector.

She's got some minor things that need doing, but I'm having those done before I bring her home.  Then I need to get new tires on her (due to age).  

big5.jpg

big3.jpg

big4.jpg

big2.jpg

big6.jpg

big7.jpg

big8.jpg

big9.jpg

big10.jpg

big11.jpg

Congrats!  I just passed one on the road today, always excited to see a Toyota cruise by. 

Thanks Anthony!

What size awning should I look for do you think?

Nice one! Looks like it's had some tender loving care.

1 hour ago, slcinwa said:

Thanks Anthony!

What size awning should I look for do you think?

Depends what you want to spend!  I found my awning on my previous rig in excellent condition at an RV junkyard and paid $180 for it.  

46 minutes ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

Depends what you want to spend!  I found my awning on my previous rig in excellent condition at an RV junkyard and paid $180 for it.  

That is EXACTLY the kind of deal I'm looking for!!!    What I'm really wondering though is size; would it be 12'?  15'?

24 minutes ago, linda s said:

There is a well stocked RV Salvage yard in Centralia Wa. 

http://www.westcoastrvrecyclingsales.com/ 

Linda S

Thank you so much Linda S! ?

1 hour ago, slcinwa said:

That is EXACTLY the kind of deal I'm looking for!!!    What I'm really wondering though is size; would it be 12'?  15'?

Whatever you prefer.  I’d take a look at the inside of the camper on the wall the awning will be mounting to to ensure proper room for mounting bracketry. 

Edited by Odyssey 4x4

1 hour ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

Whatever you prefer.  I’d take a look at the inside of the camper on the wall the awning will be mounting to to ensure proper room for mounting bracketry. 

That makes sense.  I probably won't be bringing her home for a couple of weeks.  They are sealing the roof, fixing a small propane leak, changing out the inverter, and putting a new gas detector in for me.  Then I need some tires.  

I'm naming her "Minnie".  Maybe not original but it goes with Mickey and Missy (my two little Cavs that will be traveling with me).   

congratz!  i have a 92 winnie, love the pics of your "minnie", hope you have many safe and exciting journeys. welcome to toyota MH ownwership. joe from dover.

2 hours ago, hunkaman said:

congratz!  i have a 92 winnie, love the pics of your "minnie", hope you have many safe and exciting journeys. welcome to toyota MH ownwership. joe from dover.

*waves hello*

Thank you so much Joe from Dover.  

curious about mileage & price?  does it have a genset?

1 hour ago, DanAatTheCape said:

curious about mileage & price?  does it have a genset?

Mileage is 61,405 and no, it doesn't have a generator.  Would love to find a gently used 2500 KW generator for it.  I also plan to install solar panels as well at some point.  Right now I'm trying to prepare my yard where she will be parked when I bring her home.  I have to put down some gravel and arrange for a shelter of some sort.  

All motorhome issues are done and she went to the mechanic to get the timing belt changed (due to age primarily).  Mechanic says she's is in exceptional shape, as did the motorhome repair guy.  Tomorrow she's getting all new tires and then I get to bring her home.  

So many things I want to see and do with her.  Moab, Grand Canyon, Baja California and Florida are tops on the list.  

Will likely be solo traveling so any tips are very much appreciated.

Edited by slcinwa

On 9/28/2018 at 12:08 AM, slcinwa said:

All motorhome issues are done and she went to the mechanic to get the timing belt changed (due to age primarily).  Mechanic says she's is in exceptional shape, as did the motorhome repair guy.  Tomorrow she's getting all new tires and then I get to bring her home.  

So many things I want to see and do with her.  Moab, Grand Canyon, Baja California and Florida are tops on the list.  

Will likely be solo traveling so any tips are very much appreciated.

Congrats, she looks like a good one!  I have been full timing solo for 10 years now and there are a number of great FB groups for single women RVers, if that happens to be your gender.  I haven't seen any for men.  Feel free to pm me for more info.