Gray water lines

Jack Barr

My 1990 Toyota Seabreeze has the old 3/8" gray water lines which have sprung a leak. Is it true that fittings for that water pipe are no longer available? If so,

would that require running new PAX water lines throughout? That' scary.

Jack Barr

The work really isn't too bad.  You can order the tubing off of amazon (multiple colors if you want to get really fancy and use red/blue hose for hot/cold lines).  Also order a cutter which is just like a PVC cutter as well as the crimping tool for the PAX fittings and its basically just cut to size and replace.  

Sharkbite fittings will work on the gray pipe the brass ones are expensive but they do make plastic ones. All of the plumping where it fits to plumbing fixtures are standard household fittings.

Jack,

I went to a local plumbing supply store and bought the white plastic fittings you see here. They slide over either your old gray pipe or new semi clear pipe. Also can get the blue or red pipe.The end then screws down tight making a water tight seal- no leaks. As what was said already you should have a plastic pipe cutter to make clean smoth cuts. Plumbing supply also sell this tool.

By the way, did that tank sensor I sent you work?

Darrel

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

5 hours ago, darrel said:

Jack,

I went to a local plumbing supply store and bought the white plastic fittings you see here. They slide over either your old gray pipe or new semi clear pipe. Also can get the blue or red pipe.The end then screws down tight making a water tight seal- no leaks. As what was said already you should have a plastic pipe cutter to make clean smoth cuts. Plumbing supply also sell this tool.

By the way, did that tank sensor I sent you work?

Darrel

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Good RV outfits will have them too.