Roof too far gone?

Christeen

hello everyone

great site and i have learned lots from you all ( along with some good laughs) so thanks and thanks again. Trying to find “my” sunrader. Going to look at one this weekend so hoping to get some input on whats up on this roof. Too much to fix?  Inside was gutted and all appliances are gone. Someone even tore 3033F3EE-FE66-49B2-BA94-F4B0A50C0A71.thumb.png.1e149fd4f6176363a639f3bfd65b2e3c.pngFFA5108D-23F9-469A-8EF5-CBC2EA7B9F0A.thumb.png.5f089b0ba9375d4b09c3f2380acda31d.png78952EC9-6B7E-46D3-9104-E0C7E03FC2BD.thumb.png.58e64c6d006e2e18074551831389c460.pngout the shower/toilet. Poor little sunrader. Thanks for your thoughts.  Hope the photos load- first try. 

Too much to fix. All wiring gone. No power center or lights. No toilet and falling apart. The ceiling needs to be completely re-shimmed for support. The stuff they took out adds to the strength of the fiberglass but now it's gone. After you've spent several thousand dollars getting it usable you still have to deal with the mechanics of the engine and drive train. Better to pay more for one in good shape

Linda S

25 minutes ago, Christeen said:

Hope my reply didnt seem smart *** .  I appreicate your time to check the photos and give me advice, not to mention all the work you do as the forum moderator  thanks,   

sunraders tend to fare a bit better but check my repair thread -- it is STILL going and for the cost I see far better options including sunraders not to mention two lost years of using it. I console myself with excuses like learning experience, knowing your toyota well, having new appliances and so on. But the truth is a good starting point is important for everyone but the most dedicated professional.

By the time they get into this state of disrepair, a lot of mechanical nd electrical things go wrong too. At that point, it a time wasting exercise if you are not a pro.