Storage options.....

BBC3

If you can find it inside storage. Anyone with a barn near? The freezing and melting of water is one of the worst things on a motorhome or anything for that matter. Just take a look at your roads. If not buy the best cover you can afford. No ones made for Toyota motorhomes anymore but I have heard of people using ones for sprinter vans. They are just a little long. Also helps to put a couple of recycle bins on top front and back with a board between them to slope the roof. Helps prevent snow collection. Brush it down after heavy snow fall. Outdoor broom works great to pull it down.

Covers can be quite expensive. Option is to buy the heaviest weight tarp and bungy it down underneath the camper. Do all the other things I mentioned with that too

Linda S

Sorta in order from best to worst.

1 A real garage.

2 A barn.

3 A tarp shelter...one of these....http://www.hiscoshelters.com/portable-rv-garage-shelter.html

These tarp jobs have 3 different grades of roofing 2-10-15 years warranty

4 An RV cover...2-10 year life span, depending on quality

5 A tarp tied down properly...Use garbage bags with foam popcorn to form a roof line so the liquids will run off. blue tarp 1-2 years, silver tarp 1-5 years

6 Nutting put a couple of blocks under the front wheels to help drain the roof

Thanks! All good. Looking at the terp shelter as my most suitable option.......hope to get one cheaper than those though! Yikes.

Another option which I went with was a metal carport built onsite. The price for mine was $2100 for a 31' L x 12' W x 11' H. I even added the 12 gauge instead of 14 for the framing. You are protecting an investment and something you really appreciate? Just a thought. 

There are also tarp style carports that I have used in the past. Metal legs and the tarp can be replaced as needed. My first tarp lasted 3 years but the legs will last about 10. Those were $100-200 depending on the size.

Best of luck.

Linda S - thanks so much. This is just the ticket for this first year at least, but seems like a great price and option for my needs, just 30 mins from my house too. Very much appreciated!!

Hey bbc, in Ohio we can put RVs inside barns on all County Fair Grounds! Cost me $200 for 6 months for inside storage! Check it out in your state! Best Price available that I found, 

• 2 weeks later...