Hello

djwilhoite

Hi all.  We are fascinated by the Toyota camper and hope we are in the right place.  Currently we are planning on traveling to North Carolina this weekend to purchase a 1987 Toyota Sunrader.   Would love to hear comments and thoughts on this model.  I have researched and it seems to be good.

Everyone loves the sunrader!  The reason I wasn’t able to go with one is that I’m too tall to stand in them.  I think the interior height is something like 5’9”?  Someone will correct me if I’m wrong.  

The two piece shell is a wonderful design and water rot proof.  The most challenging thing I could see on the shell to repair is any window warping at the front windows on the bed area, ive seen more than a few of them with this issue and as far as I know replacement windows aren’t made so any window damage will require someone with fiberglass skills to repair.  

4 hours ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

Everyone loves the sunrader!  The reason I wasn’t able to go with one is that I’m too tall to stand in them.  I think the interior height is something like 5’9”?  Someone will correct me if I’m wrong.  

The two piece shell is a wonderful design and water rot proof.  The most challenging thing I could see on the shell to repair is any window warping at the front windows on the bed area, ive seen more than a few of them with this issue and as far as I know replacement windows aren’t made so any window damage will require someone with fiberglass skills to repair.  

I'm not sure on the height, although i'm 6' and have no issues walking around in it (even under the AC unit). 

Oh dang!  Surprise to me.  I know I asked several sellers and a few owners and we all agreed me being 6’2” was too tall for a sunrader!

Hey, Odyssey 4x4, I'm 6'2" and my Dolphin interior height is only 5'9"ish.  You get used to it after a while, except for the shower!!

16 hours ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

Oh dang!  Surprise to me.  I know I asked several sellers and a few owners and we all agreed me being 6’2” was too tall for a sunrader!

I'll measure later today ? 

On 8/28/2018 at 8:52 PM, Squirrel said:

Hey, Odyssey 4x4, I'm 6'2" and my Dolphin interior height is only 5'9"ish.  You get used to it after a while, except for the shower!!

I got lucky with my first Escaper having an interior height of about 6'3" and it seems I've gotten lucky again with my current Odyssey being about the same!  Just keep an eye out for the AC unit and enjoy showering in a tiny little box, it's just motivation to save water right?  

Hello all!  We bought the Sunrader this weekend in Sneads Ferry, North Carolina.  We had to be back on Tuesday for work but we sure had fun on this small outing. We are the proud owners of this beauty!  We plan on remodeling and updgrading with solar panels, led lights, etc.

s1.jpg

s4.jpg

s2.jpg