4x4 Conversion on Ebay

Kat

I came across this today in my search for a Sunrader and thought I'd shard since I know 4x4's are desirable by many. I'm looking for a 2x4 Shorty Sunrader but would love to hear if there is feedback on this vehicle. Little by little, I learn from reading the discussions here! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tacoma-Motorhome-Deluxe-Leisure-Odyssey-Conversion-Motor-Home-4X4/202409889803?hash=item2f2091d00b:g:B38AAOSwXl9be4rC

4 minutes ago, markwilliam1 said:

Man I want that!! Great price!

It's just too big for me. I'm looking to stay compact. If it was a Sunrader I'd be all over it but then again, it wouldn't be that price either!

8 minutes ago, linda s said:

Well I just told a member here he should sell his similar model for 35 grand. These guys don't know what they have. It's not big. It's 1 foot longer than my Sunrader. What a screaming deal.

Linda S

So you think this one is about 22 ft long?

Buy it Kat, that's an incredible deal and looks good, has onan and ac unit. Mine is totally easy to maneuver, never felt like it was too long, fits in a regular parking space even with the box on the back.

How safe is that without dualies with all that weight? Tires don't match. Gas filler is in the back, maybe an oversize tank which you would need due to poorer mileage than the 2x4. Otherwise very similar to our 91 Odyssey other than twice the miles. It is so risky to buy one without seeing it and inspecting. Hidden water damage is so labor intensive and hard to fix.

2 hours ago, odysseybernard said:

How safe is that without dualies with all that weight? Tires don't match. Gas filler is in the back, maybe an oversize tank which you would need due to poorer mileage than the 2x4. Otherwise very similar to our 91 Odyssey other than twice the miles. It is so risky to buy one without seeing it and inspecting. Hidden water damage is so labor intensive and hard to fix.

Running 15" rims front and rear, it's no problem finding tires rated at close to 2300lb each.

I remember you. You used to be 87 Escaper and you built the best bumper mount motorcycle carrier ever. You've been quiet lately, now that you have a new baby I hope you share it with us. The Odyssey of course, not real baby

Linda S

13 hours ago, linda s said:

I remember you. You used to be 87 Escaper and you built the best bumper mount motorcycle carrier ever. You've been quiet lately, now that you have a new baby I hope you share it with us. The Odyssey of course, not real baby

Linda S

That's me!  I did buy the odyssey, I took a bit of a risk buying it before being able to see it but it looks spectacularly clean/ low miles and there really isn't much I can't fix mechanically.  I will be in possession of the truck Friday/Saturday and will try to get a post up ASAP about the entire truck considering I know how rare the Odyssey factory 4x4 is.  I could barely find any info on them online.  Perhaps I'll do a video walk through if interested?  

I have been all over the place since selling my Escaper (which I think a user on here may have purchased).  I travelled the country via motorcycle for 3 months with my dad and we covered about 13,000 miles from coast to coast!  I have considered a Sprinter van, F350 custom 4x4 camper build conversion, Provan Tiger AWD Astro van, M1078 LMTV military vehicle but everything had its pros and cons.  The Odyssey looks just about perfect for me and I fell in love with it the minute I saw it online plus I knew what a screaming deal it was.  

Keep an eye out in the future for plenty of activity on here from me again!  I look forward to doing another complete build, this time 4x4 and offroad focused!  Of course, it will all be well documented as I really do enjoy doing it.  

On 8/27/2018 at 7:55 PM, linda s said:

You bought it? It was beautiful. I was very tempted but so far away. Please tell us how that gas tank is hooked up. Is it an extra one or did they replace the original.

Linda S

Hi Linda, No I didn't buy it. I really want to stay compact. I'm holding out for a Shorty Sunrader! Still looking!

I know. Odyssey 4x4 bought it. He has been a member here a long time and just changed his name to match his new rig. He will be starting a thread to let us all get to know how cool it is. Very talented guy at upgrades so it will just keep getting better. 

Linda S