Hey guys, new to this group. I have a 1986 Toyota Slumber Queen. Would this be the 22R engine? I live in Vancouver BC, Canada. The motor home is in great condition and we are wanting to do some long distance traveling. My concern is with the motor, when going up large hill (Coquihalla) it crawls up at a snails pace, 15-20 km per hr. I am looking to 1) get more power 2) for an honest good mechanic that knows these motors.Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks all

Looks like you might need to "wind her up" -- if you have an automatic you may have to put it in lower gears and get your rpm up.

These have a lot of weight and little horsepower - you will not hustle up big hills - this is all about energy mgt and maximizing horsepower 

I frequently went over to Vermont through Crawford notch (10.3%) in my Nova Star all 6,000+ pounds of it be ready to be passed by everything but it did the trip many times with it's little 22RE. Manually shift into a lower gear so it doesn't try to up shift if you gain a little speed it will do it!