Stock SunRader '85 4X4 Weight

ToyoGuy

Hi All,

Just got back from the truck scales with another '84 SunRader 4X4 owner, whose rig is essentially stock except for a cab seat upgrade, and finally got to find out what they weigh stock and how much I added to mine when I did a pretty much total rebuild.

With identical amounts of fuel at 1/3 tank, his stocker came in at 5,200 lbs and mine at 5,400.

I was actually gratified with the "only 200 lb over" figure :pinch:, and felt that the 1-1/4" tubular steel for the rear frame reinforcement, the 1-1/4" tubing for the ceiling and addition of 5/8" marine-grade plywood floor contributed a lot to the total increase.

Some of the other moves and changes were:  I ditched the stock 4 burner stove w/oven at (60 lbs, as I recall?) for a 2 burner (with no regrets so far), removed the Dometic 3-way fridge in favor of an Edge Star 430 AC/DC fridge that slides under the counter when not in use, and I added a Dometic porcelain toilet, also with no regret and added 200 watts of solar.

Yeah, .....and there's probably at least another gallon of resin in there somewhere too.....   ;)

Cheers,

TG