Front roof Vent parts

jetalkington

My project is on hold until fall. I am working 14 hour days. I run a concession at Rock Cut State Park, in Illinois. So, if anyone is in the area stop by and say hi. I have my rader here hoping to do odd jobs during off times.

To the point. i am getting parts together to work on the build as soon as things slow down. My front roof vent is missing the crank handle and some kind of latch. I am not sure what fills the hole in the front the vent is. I do not know what any of it looked like.  The vent is 16 x 24.

Any help with parts would be appreciated

20180809_184515 (Small).jpg

The larger size makes it an escape hatch. The handle is easy. Just a crank handle with a set screw to hold it in place. You might be able to find one at a hardware store that fits.

http://tweetys.com/vent-crank-replacement.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjwzK_bBRDDARIsAFQF7zOycQhWKdbNzkH56ht4qaolZC4f-jVGN_21h0vIaMTdEw_KFIZSeBMaAiiGEALw_wcB

The vent is a little trickier if you need parts and yours looks like it's not fitted right. lift mechanism looks like it's attached to screen which is loose. I would replace the whole thing. Important size when purchasing is the cut out size because you want it to fit the hole.

https://www.rvpartscenter.com/shop-by-categories/list2/vents-roof-supplies/rv-roof-vents-trim/rv-escape-hatch-exit-vent

Not sure but I think that hole in the side is where a quick release goes. Locks the screen section for driving but flips and releases it so you can get out in an emergency. Kind of like this but different

Escape%20Latch.jpg

Linda S

I didn't think of it being an escape hatch.  I will look at them.  Thanks

Any brands better than others.  Any experience with any?

Edited by jetalkington

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the help on this.  I got it working with a slide bolt from Home Depot and fixing the hinge as a band aid fix.  I am planning to replace it because I am putting new ceiling in my sleep area and I want to look good.

Sometime after Labor Day weekend.

Thanks again. You guys are a great resource. I appreciate the help.

If your ever in the Rock Cut State Park Area stop into the concession to say Hi.

• 1 month later...

Got my new Roof Vent in. Turned out Great. Slight enlarging of the existing hole but not a big deal. Butyl tape only install. 5 inches of rain Friday and still dry.

20181011_100336 (Small).jpg